Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Impossibility to rebuild RAID-1

SSEGU
Beginner

After a reboot, RAID-1 was lost as such.

I try to do a reconstruction from the BIOS, and it always tells me that I need at least 1.3 TeraByte to do the reconstruction.

The HDD that I use is 2TByte, I have tried with a new HDD and the answer is the same.

The GIGABYTE Motherboard, Z77-D3H, BIOS Version F22.

How can I solve the problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi SSegura,

I understand you are trying to rebuild or recreate a RAID 1 volume but you are getting some problems with the drive size. Let me help you on this matter.

I will need additional information about the volume configuration. Can you please send some pictures of the CTRL-I? I would like to know the RAID status and some other details.

Thanks for your time

Allan J.

SSEGU
Beginner

Thanks Allan for your response.

I attach Ctrl-I images

If I create a new RAID-1, it does not give me capacity problems.

I would appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SSegura,

Thank you for the pictures, I am researching this matter, as soon as I get any information on it, I will update this thread. Thank you for your patience.

Allan J
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SSegura,

I appreciate all the information you have sent to me so far. I am still researching this matter

Is there any way you can send the system report generated from Intel® Rapid Storage

See this link for information on the system report

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
SSEGU
Beginner

Hi Allan,

Intel Rapid Storage fails to boot, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and now it tells me that the platform is incorrect. Is there a possibility that the BIOS has been corrupted?

The truth is that now Intel Rapid Storage has lost my trust after many years.

Regards, S.Segura

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SSegura,

I would say the RAID BIOS corrupted. Try updating the computer BIOS to see if this can be corrected.

Hope it helps.

Allan J

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SSegura,

Were you able to get the BIOS updated?

Regards,

Allan J
0 Kudos
SSEGU
Beginner

Hi Allan,

Yes, I was able to update the BIOS, reinstalled the operating system and created two raid-1.

What I do not know is when a disk fails, if I am going to be able to do a rebuild.

Regards, Sebastián Segura

0 Kudos