Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
1701 Discussions

Impossibility to rebuild RAID-1

SSEGU
Beginner

After a reboot, RAID-1 was lost as such.

I try to do a reconstruction from the BIOS, and it always tells me that I need at least 1.3 TeraByte to do the reconstruction.

The HDD that I use is 2TByte, I have tried with a new HDD and the answer is the same.

The GIGABYTE Motherboard, Z77-D3H, BIOS Version F22.

How can I solve the problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi SSegura,

I understand you are trying to rebuild or recreate a RAID 1 volume but you are getting some problems with the drive size. Let me help you on this matter.

I will need additional information about the volume configuration. Can you please send some pictures of the CTRL-I? I would like to know the RAID status and some other details.

Thanks for your time

Allan J.

SSEGU
Beginner

Thanks Allan for your response.

I attach Ctrl-I images

If I create a new RAID-1, it does not give me capacity problems.

I would appreciate any help.

idata
Community Manager

Hi SSegura,

Thank you for the pictures, I am researching this matter, as soon as I get any information on it, I will update this thread. Thank you for your patience.

Allan J
idata
Community Manager

Hi SSegura,

I appreciate all the information you have sent to me so far. I am still researching this matter

Is there any way you can send the system report generated from Intel® Rapid Storage

See this link for information on the system report

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

Regards,

Allan J.
SSEGU
Beginner

Hi Allan,

Intel Rapid Storage fails to boot, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and now it tells me that the platform is incorrect. Is there a possibility that the BIOS has been corrupted?

The truth is that now Intel Rapid Storage has lost my trust after many years.

Regards, S.Segura

idata
Community Manager

Hi SSegura,

I would say the RAID BIOS corrupted. Try updating the computer BIOS to see if this can be corrected.

Hope it helps.

Allan J

idata
Community Manager

Hi SSegura,

Were you able to get the BIOS updated?

Regards,

Allan J
SSEGU
Beginner

Hi Allan,

Yes, I was able to update the BIOS, reinstalled the operating system and created two raid-1.

What I do not know is when a disk fails, if I am going to be able to do a rebuild.

Regards, Sebastián Segura