Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
1703 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Technology

hakuna
Beginner

hakuna_1-1606324607450.jpeg

Hi guys,

I recently installed SSD via Caddy in my laptop. I first cloned my C drive(default boot drive) from HDD to SSD and now I using SSD as my default boot disk. But now every time I boot my laptop there is this screen "Intel Rapid storage technology" that flashes. I tried selecting AHCI in the BIOS setup, then the intel message won't show up but there will be message "your system ran into trouble". So i have to select Intel RST in order to successfully boot. Can anyone help me getting rid of this message? Also I cannot afford to format any of my HDD or SSD. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello hakuna, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

If you are able to boot into the OS, run the following reports: 

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU), attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Run the System Report for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.  

If you cannot boot, please provide: 

1. System brand and model number 
  2. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) version 
  3. Operating System (OS) version 

Additionally, answer the following: 

• Is the system running any RAID configuration or Optane memory? 
  • Is the "Intel Rapid storage technology" screen that flashes the picture that you provided? If not, can you provide a picture? 
  • Where do you select Intel® RST to succesfully boot? Is it at the same screen mentioned above?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello hakuna,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Sebastian_M_Intel 

Please read this thread

Same question, already answered 

Leon

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello,  

@LeonWaksman, thank you for letting me know. 

@hakuna, in this case, we will close this inquiry as it has been already answered by the community on this thread. If you have any additional questions, please submit a new post and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M