Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Intel Rapid Storage

JLill1
Beginner

Intel Rapid Storage is blocking my Total AV anti virus- They are telling me to delete the Intel Rapid Storage off my computer, but when I try I get a error saying that there is a pending reboot on this product. Any idea's how to uninstall this off the computer? or how I can make it compatible with my anti-virus?

Thanks

0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JeffryL,

I understand that you are having problems uninstalling Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology.

Regarding this, I would like to request a little more information about your system. Please download the Intel ® SSU utility from the link below in order to create a report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel ® System Support Utility.

Please attach the report to this thread. Also, please let me know exactly how you are trying to uninstall the Intel ® RST. If possible, please provide screenshots of the error that shows and the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology version.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JLill1
Beginner

Here is the screen shot- I believe the other data was uploaded to you.

Thank you

0 Kudos
JLill1
Beginner

How I am trying to Uninstall is by going to the control panel , going to programs and features and highlighting Intel Rapid Storage and hitting Uninstall. and the screen shot is the message I get.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JeffryL,

Thank you for your response.

I understand that you uploaded the information to me, I did receive the screenshot but not the report created by the Intel ® SSU.

If possible, please respond with the report attached so I can review the information.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JLill1
Beginner

Here is the report from Intel.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JeffryL,

Upon reviewing the information there could be a problem between the support of the Intel ® RST, your Operating System and the processor. This processor was not made to support Windows* 10 and for that matter that could cause the uninstalling problem.

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JLill1
Beginner

There you go.

Thanks for all the help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JeffryL,

Upon reviewing the information in fact there seems to be a problem with the operating system, version of Intel ® RST and the processor. Up to this point, if possible, what I can recommend you to do is to install Windows* 7 and once it is installed, attempt to remove the software.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005

The version provided above is a version that works with your chipset. You can either, try to install that one and then remove it, or re-install the operating system (Windows 7*) and attempt to remove it there.

Let me know the outcome.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JeffryL,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to follow the steps suggested before?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JLill1
Beginner

Downloading the updated Driver didn't work and I'm afraid that I don't have the knowledge to uninstall windows 10 and go back to windows 7 without either losing everything on the computer or losing the use of my computer.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JeffryL,

Thank you for your response,

I quite understand your position and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, the architecture that your system has vs the operating that you are running and the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology version installed are not compatible with one another which could be the problem according to all of the reviewed information.

Up to this point, my recommendation is for you to contact the manufacturer of your system so that they can provide you with an image for the Windows* supported by your configuration, as well as option to backup your data in order to continue with a Windows* re-installation. I really apologize for not being able to give you other suggestions.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JLill1
Beginner

David, Thank you for all your help. I will let you know if I get this resolved.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JeffryL,

Thank you very much for letting me know. We will be here so please let us know the outcome, hopefully this thread will be useful for other community members as well in the future.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JLill1
Beginner

colocoquillo

Hello David, This persons post solved my problem without having to uninstall my windows 10- Now my anti Virus is enabled.

Correct Answer by colocoquillo on Mar 10, 2016 9:54 AM

Hi Alan,

No need to answer, I have already fix it, by going to the Windows Reg as I sugested.

Here is the solution, which you might want to post not just on your forums but on your FAQ.

1. Press Windows Key + R

2. Type regedit and press ENTER

3. On the left side menu navigate to the following folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intel\Setup$

4. On the right side panel will be two entries, double click the REG_DWORD entry (in my case and might be same for everyone, the name was {409CB30E-E457-4008-9B1A-ED1B9EA21140}).

5. Once you double clic, a small windows will appear where the value information will "1", change that value to "0" (with out the quotation marks)

6. Install the latest version of RST downloded from the downlods section at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST- Drivers & Software

Hopefully this will help a lot of people on the same situation.

Thanks

Kind regards

0 Kudos
JVind1
Beginner

Hi JLill1,

It seems that I'm having the same problem as you had. I tried to follow the steps from your last message but already at the beginning I don't have the option of (setup) after being at the (intel) file. I hope I can manage to solve it without having to do the Windows switch. Any suggestion is more than welcome!

Best regards

0 Kudos