Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Matrix storage manager for Windows 10 on ancient hardware?

AKoen
Beginner

Just upgraded my ancient Dell T3400 to Windows 10 (after upgrading its original Windows XP installation to Windows 7 a few years ago).

Everything seems to be working OK, except that the upgrade quietly removed the Intel RST user-interface program that used to allow me to check on the status of my RAID arrays.

The arrays themselves appear to be working properly. When I boot the machine, it displays RST version 7.6.1.1001, and shows the status as normal.

Is there any way I can get back the user-interface monitoring program, or should I just assume that it will figure things out by itself?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

The latest Intel® Matrix Storage Manager software would be 8.9 and this is not compatible for your operating system.

Intel released the Intel® Rapid Storage instead and was not developed for your hardware configuration.

At this stage, the only way to check RAID status would be through the CTRL + I when you are booting up the computer.

Allan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

The latest Intel® Matrix Storage Manager software would be 8.9 and this is not compatible for your operating system.

Intel released the Intel® Rapid Storage instead and was not developed for your hardware configuration.

At this stage, the only way to check RAID status would be through the CTRL + I when you are booting up the computer.

Allan.
0 Kudos
AKoen
Beginner

And this is true even though when I was using Windows 7 on that machine, the user interface showed up as "Rapid Storage Technology" and not "Matrix Storage Manager?"

The Windows upgrade removed the program, but it's still in the Windows.old folder, so I can look at the IAStorUI.exe file and see that it shows up as version 9.6.0.1014, dated March 3, 2010.

0 Kudos
AOrth
Beginner

I upgraded the my system to Windows 10 also and the Intel Matrix storage manager was removed silently also.

When will an Windows 10 compatible version be available?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Intel has a compatible Intel® Rapid Storage for Windows® 10 and this is version 14.8 but you need to make sure that is compatible with your chipset. If you have an old product or legacy computer, the version 14.8 is not going to be compatible.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST- Drivers & Software

Allan.

0 Kudos