Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Moving RSTe RAID from C232 to Z690

zod1ac
Beginner

Hello,

I've got a system with C232 chipset with Intel RSTe RAID10 with 4 disks + 1 as a "hot spare" disk. 

Configured in RST ROM, displayed and working with Intel RSTe 5.5.4.1036 software and driver.

I'm planning to upgrade the hardware, thinking of moving to Z690/Z790 chipset. Would the RAID be recognized if turned it on in BIOS and connect the drives to the new motherboard? If not, then what chipset should I choose for such a need? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
zod1ac
Beginner

Reopening the thread to let people know that I've just changed the platform from C232 (RSTe) to Z790 (VMD) and the Intel RAID Volume was successfully recognized on "Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management" (ReFS, RAID10 + Spare Disk). No additional actions required.  Moreover, although the volume is 18TB in size, right now it's being live-migrated from RAID10 to RAID5.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello zod1ac,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand your concerns about moving your drives from one system to a new one.

In this case, I would like to let you know that is not possible to move from a server chipset (C232) to a desktop chipset (Z690/Z790) and my recommendation is to look for another server chipset. You can use the following link as a guideline to find the correct motherboard.

I recommend checking with the manufacturer of the motherboard that you choose confirming if it supports this feature and checking for the steps. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
zod1ac
Beginner

Reopening the thread to let people know that I've just changed the platform from C232 (RSTe) to Z790 (VMD) and the Intel RAID Volume was successfully recognized on "Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management" (ReFS, RAID10 + Spare Disk). No additional actions required.  Moreover, although the volume is 18TB in size, right now it's being live-migrated from RAID10 to RAID5.  

0 Kudos