Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

SATA available disk: Removed.

Shreyas_B
Beginner

I'm getting this error from past a month ,To remove this error i've reset the pc but also it didn't solve the error.

now its been a while, i cant even share files to other devices it pop ups the message SATA available disk removed and Data(D) is removed from my pc. How can i resolve it.

I've got MSI GL63 8RD 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, keep it in AHCI Mode. Do not use the RAID or Optane modes unless you have, well, a RAID array or Optane module present.

That error is telling me that you have a drive that is predicting it failure (via S.M.A.R.T.). In combination with the drive dropping out of the ready state, I would say that this is a legitimately failing drive. I would replace this drive as soon as possible.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Is your laptop using RAID? Is your laptop using Optane? If the answer to both of these questions is No, then you do not need and should uninstall Intel RST, You should also go into BIOS Setup and change the setting of the SATA Mode parameter (back) to its AHCI setting.

...S

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Just when you will change the SATA mode to AHCI, set your Windows to SAFE boot mode first (otherwise your system become not bootable).

Leon

0 Kudos
Shreyas_B
Beginner

Sir it is already in AHCI MODE. should i change that to Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration(Mode select.jpeg) ? and sir i'm also getting this error message(Snip.png) dialy.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, keep it in AHCI Mode. Do not use the RAID or Optane modes unless you have, well, a RAID array or Optane module present.

That error is telling me that you have a drive that is predicting it failure (via S.M.A.R.T.). In combination with the drive dropping out of the ready state, I would say that this is a legitimately failing drive. I would replace this drive as soon as possible.

...S

0 Kudos
Shreyas_B
Beginner

Thanks for the solution.

i'm thinking of buying a wd ssd to replace my hdd.

0 Kudos
utkarshethical27
Beginner

Hi there,

my drive is healthy and removing when i was starting bluestack, if i did not start bluestack disk did not get removed. i have purchased my disk 1 year 6 months before of wd 500gb.

Please Help Me!

0 Kudos
Johnbelley
Novice
If you have a DVD drive in your system you can try swapping the cables to see if that helps. I would back up all the important stuff on that drive in case it's dying.
0 Kudos
Shreyas_B
Beginner

no i dont have dvd drive ,but i have backup everything.

0 Kudos