Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

The maximum amount of raid 1

DTtt
Beginner

Поставил два веника, каждый 4 Тб. Но видит только 1717783 Мб. Подскажите разве 4Тб не тянет? Intel Embedded Server Raid Technology II Version A.09.08061549I

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel originally called it EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface). When they placed it into the public domain, the industry working group created to manage the standard renamed it to UEFI (Universal Extensible Firmware Interface). You can think of these two as essentially being synonymous. By enabling EFI, you will get support for drives larger than 2TB.

Before anything else, I suggest that you update your BIOS to the latest version available. Yes, it will make a significant difference!

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, a 4TB drive actually only garners 3725.90GB. Ya gotta love the math that the drive manufacturers use!

Just to be sure, you created a RAID1 array across these two drives and you then created a volume in this array that encompassed the entire available space?

0 Kudos
DTtt
Beginner

I know that in reality a disk takes less capacity then 4TB. I have two new disks WD4002FYYZ-01B7CB1. While starting the server, Intel Embedded Server Raid Technology II Version A.09.08061549I shows this two disks

WD4002FYYZ-01B7CB1 - 1717783Mb

WD4002FYYZ-01B7CB1 - 1717783Mb.

I press Ctrl-E and enter the program of creating Raid. Here it also displays the same capacity of both HDD. ((

Would be grateful for the help

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

How old is the board that you are using? It sounds like that you would see if it was running in Legacy BIOS mode (which can only handle up to 2TB drives). Does your board support UEFI? Try enabling it.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
DTtt
Beginner

My board S5500bc. Intel. I see in bios loading point "Internal efi shell". I don't know if I have a Uefi. 9 years not updated bios.

Updating bios will help?

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello Dima Ttt , Thank you for joining the community. Could you please tell what board model do you have? In regards to ESRT2 not recognizing the total capacity of the HDD let me tell you that in some versions the maximum supported logical driver capacity is <= 2TB. You can check on the following article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007454/server-products.html This is just an initial guess but ones we have the board model I will be able to give you a more accurate answer. Regards. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DTtt
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel originally called it EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface). When they placed it into the public domain, the industry working group created to manage the standard renamed it to UEFI (Universal Extensible Firmware Interface). You can think of these two as essentially being synonymous. By enabling EFI, you will get support for drives larger than 2TB.

Before anything else, I suggest that you update your BIOS to the latest version available. Yes, it will make a significant difference!

...S

0 Kudos