Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

VROC

JTims1
Novice

so i got a asus board, got the vroc key. bought a Asus HYPER M.2 X16 CARD V2. and asus lists that i can use samsung 960 pro with it. BUT after spending alot of money, WHY WILL IT NOT WORK WITH THOSE DRIVES?  you need to open it up! i have spent tons of money on intel! my whole life, you are purposely blocking it from working. fix it.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello JTims1,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?v=t  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. What is the version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) installed?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

NO.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello JTims1, 

I will need the information to be able to help you further, however, I understand if you do not feel comfortable sharing it here.

I do not get many details from your "NO", but what I understand is that you do not want me to continue with the support, Perhaps the community member may help you with your issue.

I will proceed to close this thread, however, if you would like to continue with the support do not hesitate to open a new thread.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

well i explained, you locked out other drive manufacture's. this is true. Here is a link and PDF listed there. Q5  and Q7 in the pdf true,https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026106/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html

i am using Vroc 6.3 https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030310/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html

look at pdf there for 6.3

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1037507/

Anyways, just from reading through The Ridiculous amount of info, I dont think what i bought will work! Thanks! This is Such a Joke! S i gotta buy your nvme products, that are old and slow, then maybe? it will work? NONE of this info was plainly laid out! not in the manual, so hard to look through this complete web of excuses. So please fix it, it is a bios adjustment. i am not wendel from level1 techs, but i have been doing this just as long 33 years or more. I got $1000 invested into just, trying to make a Vroc Drive, super fast and cheep storage. 

0 Kudos
Branko
Novice

Hi,

did you manage to solve your problem? I'm having same Asus Hyper card, and even older

motherboard (Intel2600CW). I planned to do same thing as you did, but now after reading

this I'm hesitant. Did you manage to solve your problem? Maybe try PM961 instead 960 PRO

SSD, its same SSD but PM961 supposedly made for "professional" environment.

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

There's a List of Drives, and they are only intel drives, You can make That card work in a AMD system, because intel cand just rig there bios and software to accept only, there drives. No One From intel has Replied, Because They dont want To Admit to it. I can put 1 drive in and it shows up, but what is the point? 

0 Kudos
Branko
Novice

Well, it surely looks bad when it works well in my AMD desktop, but won't work in my Intel Xeon server 

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

yeh, great job asus/intel! they have not even replied to me here.

0 Kudos