Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

What exact LSI RAID Driver is used with the S2600CP Motherboard? I have a Blue Screen of Death on a Windows 2008 R2 Server one week before upgrading to a new server!

DBeye
Beginner

We are one to two weeks before having support from App Company to migrate to new servers when the Blue Screen of Death happened over the Christmas Holidays during a power outage. The Blue Screen lists MEGASR1.SYS being the file with issues. I'm using the Windows 2008 R2 ISO Install DVD to do a Repair on an S2600CP Server with two Arrays - One for OS and one for SQL App. When I get to the point to install RAID drivers from the Intel Driver Disk, I select Win2008R2 and see a list MEGASAS2.xxx Files. When I select the Setup Information file, I get a list of about 50 Intel (LSI) Drivers and another 30 LSI drivers. Intel is not supporting this motheboard/server any more and I'm finding very little information to go on. I'm trying to get the RAIDs back online so I can replace the corrupted driver. Any ideas or suggestions? FYI - The Blue Screen happens in all forms of Safe Mode and other Special Recovery options.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DBeye
Beginner

Additional Information to the Question above is that in the CMOS Setup, the SAS/SATA Capable Controller is set to INTEL ESRT2 (LSI*). I'm trying to find any hint to what Driver I need to use with the existing Controller & ARRAYS.

0 Kudos
Jeremias_A_Intel
Employee

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

I understand that you are looking for RAID drivers to use on the Intel Server Board S2600CP.

Please find the below link; this contain information for driver you need to use with this Server and OS:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28571/Intel-Embedded-Server-RAID-Technology-2-ESRT2-RAID-Driver-for-Windows-?product=56334

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Jeremias_A_Intel
Employee

Hello Dennis,

I hope you are doing well today.

I'm following up with you to verify if the information provided helped to clarify your inquiry.

Looking forward to your comments.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
Jeremias_A_Intel
Employee

Hello Dennis,

Hello Dennis,

I hope you are doing well today.

I'm following up with you to verify if the information provided helped to clarify your inquiry.

Looking forward to your comments.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
DBeye
Beginner

In desperation, I tried these next version drivers (not for Windows 2008 R2) basically the ones in the link that you provided before posting this issue. It didn't work. At the time of the install, I downloaded the latest drivers for Windows 2008 R2 Server and setup the RAIDs. I looked for the latest driver for Windows 2008 R2 to find that this was a dead end and no longer supported. So, you are saying I should be able to use the next version of ESRT2 Drivers with the older Windows Server?

I sold them two new servers loaded with Windows & SQL at the beginning of December to have the App Software Company to push us off the migration & install of their new App version until after the first of the year. The day after Christmas, I got a call at 7am to find that the old SQL Server crashed with the Blue Screen of Death. I was hoping Windows Update or Driver issue. We wrote it off as hardware failure and was able to get the App Software company to expedite the Migration! Now I'm dealing with tuning the new App.

Microsoft Tech Support kept referring to getting support from Intel.

I still would like to know what happened to the old server but I'm snowed under with moving forward!

Thanks for your input!

0 Kudos
Jeremias_A_Intel
Employee

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for your update.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Keep in mind that the driver provided is the only available. Also, the driver does not support Windows 2008. Be aware that the Intel Server Board S2600CP is out of interactive support, therefore, we are limited to the service we offer.

Regards,

0 Kudos