Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2048 Discussions

Windows 10 BSOD - KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION - iaStorAC

Sheldon
Beginner

Randomly, my new install of Windows 10 Build 19041 will crash with a BSOD using the latest drivers. I have the latest drivers installed. The BSOD is KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION. When I open the dump file, the details are

BUGCHECK_CODE: 13a
BUGCHECK_P1: 11
BUGCHECK_P2: ffff8588d9002100
BUGCHECK_P3: ffff858907cfc620
BUGCHECK_P4: 0
POOL_ADDRESS: ffff858907cfc620 Nonpaged pool FREED_POOL_TAG: _STR PROCESS_NAME: System SYMBOL_NAME: iaStorAC+b3c24

MODULE_NAME: iaStorAC
IMAGE_NAME: iaStorAC.sys S
TACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: b3c24 FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x13a_11__STR_iaStorAC!unknown_function OS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1 BUILDLAB_STR: vb_release OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64 OSNAME: Windows 10 FAILURE_ID_HASH: {b43222aa-7214-d43e-453f-6047cf4702ca}

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sheldon

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Sheldon, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Provide the System Report for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology

3. Are you running any RAID array in your system?

4. Did this behavior start appearing after a Windows* update to the version 2004? 

5. Since you mentioned that this happens with the latest drivers, is it that you have tested other driver versions? Please explain.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
Sheldon
Beginner

The computer crashed last night again

The computer crashed again last night, same error
KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION (13a)
Arg1: 0000000000000011, Type of corruption detected
Arg2: ffff82849c402100, Address of the heap that reported the corruption
Arg3: ffff8284dbff8480, Address at which the corruption was detected
Arg4: 0000000000000000

SYMBOL_NAME: iaStorAC+b3c24
MODULE_NAME: iaStorAC
IMAGE_NAME: iaStorAC.sys
STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb
BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: b3c24
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x13a_11_PlRB_iaStorAC!unknown_function

1. Attached the report

2. I don't see the help in the RST software, I am using the latest one from the Microsoft store. 

3. I have have two RAID 1 setup but 1 currently is missing the second drive.

4. This started after installing Windows 10.

5. I had the same problem the previous drivers, Version 17.9.0.1007 from the ASUS web site.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Sheldon,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Sheldon, 

Thank you for the information provided.  

As you mentioned, the BSODs also follow the previous driver version provided by your system manufacturer, additionally, the Intel® RST shows a SMART event "Your system is reporting one or more events, and data may be at risk. Refer to the details below for more information". This shows that you might have a disk drive issue. 

Based on this, you can set the disks non-RAID (you can back up your data just to prevent) and run a diagnostic tool from the drive's original manufacturer to check some hardware failure.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sheldon
Beginner

I have set the disks to non-raid and no problems were found on the hard drives. I will try to recreate one of the RAID's and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Sheldon,  

Thank you for the update. 

I will be looking forward to hearing back from you with the outcome of recreating the RAID. As soon as you have an update, please share it with us. 

Regards,    

Sebastian M 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Sheldon,  

Were you able to create the RAID array back? Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,    

Sebastian M 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Sheldon,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos