Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Windows 10-update version 1903 can't be installed due to Intel RST Driver?

ME0001
Beginner

I'm getting an error message saying Windows 10-update version 1903 can't be installed because of an issue with my Intel RST Driver.

Saw in other recent topics that I might have to uninstall the driver (package?) from either 'device manager' (under storage controllers) or 'apps & features' but Intel RST isn't listed under either of those.

Windows itself tells me I can fix the problem by installing an update from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28656/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver

But I don't know which package to install (SetupRST, SetupOptaneMemory or f6flpy-x64.zip), nor which file to execute if the one I need is a .zip package with multiple .exe files.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ME0001,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

Let's try following the steps below:

1 - Please update the system to Intel® RST driver version 15.9.6.1044.

2 - Manually delete the iastora folder in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys

3 - Restart the installation process for the Update.

*NOTE: Please download the .exe file from the link you provided and proceed with the update as stated in Step 1. 

Let me know if those steps allow you to finish the Windows Update.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos
jhuar2
Beginner

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem and tried the following without success after several blocked update processes

1. re install a completely new version of windows (factory installation on asus laptop)
  2. install the latest version of your RST driver Version: 17.5.1.1021 (Latest) Date: 7/10/2019 (version 15 is marked as out of date....on your site)
  3. let windows make the adequate cumulative updates
  4. let windows start update to 1903

The result is negative (same error message as mentioned above)....

What do you recommend ? Should I uninstall version 17.5 and install version 15.9.6.1044 instead ? Your help would be appreciated

Thanks for your cooperation

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @jhuar2​ 

Your problem is similar but may be not the same. Please open a new thread of yours and you will get answer to your question. In your thread, please explain: Was the RST driver part of Asus installation? If yes, why? Are you have Optane Memory module installed in your laptop? Or, you have drives configured to RAID? What is you laptop model?

Regards

Leon

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ME0001,

Were you able to check my previous post?

Please let me know if you need more assistance.

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ME0001,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

David V

0 Kudos