Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

array raid 5 incompatible

raid-5-incompatible

Dear helpers,

I made a fault when i made this raid 5 with my system on.

One day i couldn't use it anymore.

So i reinstall my system on an ssd.

Now i try to recover my data from the raid 5 but i can't access.

I attached a print screeen and let you ask for more details.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Support is offered in English only. We can't do anything with a capture in some other language.

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello raid-5-incompatible

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If yes, could you please provide more details regarding the behavior and the information or messages you are seeing on the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface (UI).

Note: Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

"Incompatible" error message indicates that the volume was moved to another system that does not support the volume type and configuration.

In this situation, volume data is accessible to the operating system and can be backed up, but the volume cannot operate because your system does not support its RAID configuration.

Here are your options:

1. Reconnect the volume to the computer where the volume was originally created, and continue using it. 

2. Delete the volume, and then create a new volume with a RAID configuration that is supported by the current system. To delete the volume, you may try the following steps:

• During POST process, press Ctrl-I to access the main menu of the Intel® RST option ROM user interface.
  • Select Delete RAID Volume from the main menu.
  • From the Delete Volume menu, select the RAID volume, using the up and down arrow keys.
  • Press the 'Delete' key to delete the volume, then 'Y' to confirm.
  • Create a new RAID volume that is supported by your system.

Warning:

When a volume is deleted, all existing data on the member disks of the selected volume is permanently erased. It’s recommended that you backup all valuable data prior to beginning this action.

Note:

The Intel® RST option ROM usually is accessed by pressing Ctrl+I when prompted after the system begins the Power On Self Test (POST). If this method does not work, please check with your system manufacturer for proper instructions.

If the operating system (OS) is installed on the RAID Volume, you will need to reinstall the OS.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
raid-5-incompatible
Thank you for tour answer.

But i can’t accès tout the data ri backup it could i have an AD vice please
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, if you are not able to access the data within Windows, this could be an effect of the "Incompatible" issue. In this case, the only possible option to try to access and back up the data would be through a data recovery center. You might need to contact a thrid party company for assistance with data recovery.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
raid-5-incompatible
Hello,

Thank you for your Advice.
I’ll try to connect the hard disk One by One.

Best regards

Julien.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you have additional concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your response. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries. Also, please feel free to share any feedback about the outcome of the steps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

If the issue persists, our last recommendation is to contact your computer manufacturer (OEM) for more information and assistance on this matter. Here you can find links to computer manufacturer support websites: https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/topics/oems.html

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos