Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

how do I uninstall rst from my pc, I cant uninstall rapid storage technology.

GhostReaper
Beginner

i cant uninstall rst from my pc when i try to remove it from control panel, i get this error, the setup program ended prematurely becuase of the following error: fatal error during installation. i would like to completely remove this program.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Never attempt to remove these kinds of packages from Device Manager; this could result in a partial install (and a mess). You must always do so from Apps and Features.

...S

0 Kudos
GhostReaper
Beginner

I get the same error when uninstalling from apps and features.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you tried over-installing with same or newer version? If you can, you may then be able to uninstall the whole mess.

H​ope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
GhostReaper
Beginner

I tried to install the latest version of it from intel website and I also tried to install latest version also from my motherboards manufacturer but get the error, platform is not supported.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm, ok, I have no other ideas, so Intel Customer Support is going to have to look further into this...

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello GhostReaper

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding the issue to remove Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) from the computer, and considering the steps you have taken did not solve the issue, this usually points out to a problem with corrupted files or Windows® Registry Key issues.

In those scenarios, a reinstallation of the operating system (OS) is required.

However, we have seen some cases where users have reported that they were successful uninstalling software using some tools or options provided by Microsoft® or their computer manufacturer. For instance, Microsoft® has a tool for similar issues, the tool is available in this link:

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed*

*Please keep in mind that links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied. We do not recommend to perform changes or manipulate any Windows® Registry Key since this may lead to other issues and damage to the operating system. In case you decide to download and run the tool, we highly recommend you to check first with Microsoft Support.

If the issue persists, we recommend you to contact your system/PC manufacturer and check with them for assistance on how to reset, reinstall or repair the operating system.

Hope this helps.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

GhostReaper
Beginner

ok thanks I was able to uninstall it using the link.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello GhostReaper

I am glad to know that the link from Microsoft® help to unistall the software. Thank you for sharing the outcome.

We will proceed to close this inquiry, in case you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos