Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

raid hdd sn finished by :0

LCard10
Beginner

After updating my bios to solve overclock problems. My raid 5 (Intel Rapid Storage Technolog) was no longer accessible. 4 of my 6 disc are no longer recognized as the serial number to change it ends in: 0 in the raid (image detail)

I tried to put back the old version of the bios it did not work

The storage driver update and Intel Rapid Storage Technolog did not work

I also put my bios in the latest version available

Thank you for your help

Motherboard: Asus X99-PRO / USB 3.1

Capture3.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture1.JPG

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AdrianM_Intel

Hello LCard10,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool embedded in this Intel Community.

According to the information provided about your system configuration and Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) status, your RAID 5 (data) may be at risk. It is worth mentioning that the fault tolerance of a RAID 5 is 1 disk. Since 4 disks are out of 6 the information might not be possible to be recovered since the fault tolerance of a RAID 5 is 1 disk., our recommendation is that you go into BIOS, and check the status of the SATA mode and RAID volume.

Note: This key combination may have been disabled by your computer manufacturer. If you are unable to enter the RAID BIOS extension, please contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for instructions.

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
LCard10
Beginner

Thank you for your answer. I updated my message.

Yes the steep function is well activate in the bios.

During my research I realized that the serial number that ends with 0: is was a bug in this version of Intel Rapid Storage Technolog

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello LCard10,

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to know if you can share with us a link as a reference in regards to the bugs that you mentioned.

Can you please send us a screenshot of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) option ROM?

You can access it by pressing Ctrl + i when the computer is posting if this combination key does not work you should contact Asus to get the steps on how to access it.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
LCard10
Beginner

74470434_2514715648817486_5616109239228432384_n.jpg74211364_706711776477061_1411203095278387200_n.jpg

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello LCard10, 

After checking the images, I can see the RAID status is failed, this means that the information can not be recovered the reason is because the standard fault tolerance for a RAID 5 is only 1 disk, since 4 disks of 6 disks have failed the information can not be recovered, in case you have a back up you might try to rebuild the RAID from scratch, my recommendation is to contact your system manufacturer to check if there is something else you can do to recover the information or you might try a data recovery center.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
LCard10
Beginner

I do not understand that the 6 hard drives are still perfectly functional and that the doner is not available.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello LCard10, 

In this case, the RAID structure of disks is what got damaged (This does not necessarily refer to hardware failure) if the disks are fine and even showing as healthy after checking with their respective software from the manufacturer it might be even possible to create a new RAID using the same disks. However, since the RAID 5 status shows as failed and since more than 1 disk is not part of the RAID 5, this is beyond the standard fault tolerance for a RAID 5.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
LCard10
Beginner

So what should I do?

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello LCard10, 

Our recommendation is to contact your system manufacturer to check if there is something else you can do to recover the information or you might try a data recovery center.

If you have a back up you might try to rebuild the RAID from scratch.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos