Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

sata disk on controller 0 port 2 at risk (smart event)

Casa-Nova
Novice

hello folks,

i have been getting this error bij inter storage techonolgy : sata disk on controller 0 port 2 at risk (smart event).

is there anyone who can help me figure this out id really appreciate it.

ill post some picutes, they are in dutch tho so i think its best yall use google translate.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The recommended message from the S.M.A.R.T. Specification says it all: "WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your [hard disk] drive. A failure may be imminent."

You could run a tool (like AIDA64) that can display the individual S.M.A.R.T. attributes. This would allow you (or us) to determine why the drive's failure is being predicted.

...S

View solution in original post

17 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Translate does not work with photos.

Replace the disk in question.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The recommended message from the S.M.A.R.T. Specification says it all: "WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your [hard disk] drive. A failure may be imminent."

You could run a tool (like AIDA64) that can display the individual S.M.A.R.T. attributes. This would allow you (or us) to determine why the drive's failure is being predicted.

...S

Casa-Nova
Novice

ok so i have to replace my hardrive?

and that would be the drive right?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I sure hope you have a known good backup.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Casa-Nova
Novice

i mean im not very good with pc's but i can buy a new drive on the internet right?

then transfer files to new drive via an eternal harddrive i have

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In theory, yes. Because there is always the chance of a false-positive, you should run a tool (like AIDA64 (trialware) or CrystalDiskInfo (freeware)) that can report the status of the individual S.M.A.R.T. attributes. If you can provide a report to us, we can help analyze why the failure prediction is being generated and whether the drive should be replaced.

...S

Casa-Nova
Novice

Ok i installed CrystalDiskInfo and i have added a picture to this post showing what the program says.......... doesnt look good tho.....

0 Kudos
Casa-Nova
Novice

also a log here:

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, the drive has developed some bad spots and the spare sectors are all used up. This is an indication that the problem is worsening (the bad spots are getting bigger). If you haven't already, I would very quickly make a backup of your data. The drive should be replaced soonest as well. Everyone hates to see this happen, but drives only last so long (and can only take so much pounding). I like to think of this as being "that opportunity to go to that faster/larger drive that you've been thinking about" (even if it is being forced upon you).

Sorry,

...S

Casa-Nova
Novice

oh man........ ok so the hard drive that i put in my post, is it compatible with my pc? if not then can you tell me how i can find a compatible one and what i should look for? or is there another hard drive you would advice , maby a bit of an upgrade compare to my current? as you said i have been thinking about how i would have liked more space.

i would like to keep the price range around 100 euros.

(my pc Medion Erazer PC P5302 J)

Btw thanks for the help man i really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That drive should work just fine - but, if your budget is actually €100, you can get the 4TB version. The choice is yours...

...S

Casa-Nova
Novice

Ok great.

Then i can go order it and install in in my pc.

Again thank you very much for the help!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It is compatible, but I am leaning towards sticking with a standard Desktop HDD. Here's an article that discusses most of the issues: What Is The Difference Between NAS Hard-Drives And Standard Hard-Drives? Is It All A Big Con? Here is another article that discusses the biggest negative (TLER): Can I Use a NAS as a Regular Drive?.

Hope this helps,

...S

Casa-Nova
Novice
0 Kudos