Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

vmd controller problem during installation windows 11 on intel 12th

Abdulqadr
Beginner

Hello friends,

i try to install windows 11 for my laptop that have intel i7-12650H.

but i can't get any drivers are not found during installation windows 11, 

i didn't found any vmd controller for windows 11 pro that support intel 12th gen.

please help me to find compatible vmd.

Regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Abdulqadr,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Volume Management Device driver.

Bear in mind that It is not recommended to make changes to the BIOS or RAID/Intel® Optane™ memory volumes without consulting the system vendor. You can download the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) for the 11th up to 13th Gen Platforms using the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/720755/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-11th-up-to-13th-gen-platforms.html?v=t

This could help you with the Intel® Volume Management Device, as well as the article "How to Configure RAID or Intel® Optane™ Memory with Intel® RST on an Intel® VMD Capable Platform": https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057787/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Dotcoll
Beginner
I have the Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3 15iah7
Wich has intel 12650h and rtx 3060
I have a windows 11 installed
When i try to install a second os wich is windows 10
While I'm in windows go installation
I can't find my nvme drives
I did installed a vmd driver and i did saw them but they're un usable when i select the drive and press next it say somthing like can't use or locate
I think its might be from the vmd driver or something elso
I hop you answer and find my solution
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Abdulqadr,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Dotcoll
Beginner

0 Kudos