Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Compatible

PTang2
Beginner

I bought a new server board S1200v3RPL and a i3 4170 cpu. and can't boot during setup. Is the components are compatible?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlHill
Super User

No, they are not compatible.

Look under "compatible products"

https://ark.intel.com/products/71384/Intel-Server-Board-S1200V3RPL Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL Product Specifications

Doc

idata
Community Manager

Hi, Tctparry,

Thank you for using Intel® community support.

In regards to the compatibility concern between the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL and Intel® Core™ i3-4170.

The answer to your question is, they are not compatible; you can find the compatible processors using the link provided by Al Hill; open the page and select from the left menu in blue the option "Compatible Products"

Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL / Compatible Products

https://ark.intel.com/products/71384/Intel-Server-Board-S1200V3RPL

Al, thank you for the accurate answer and be part of our community.
idata
Community Manager

Hi, Tctparry,

I was wondering if you have any additional question about the compatibility between the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL and Intel® Core™ i3-4170.

Regards,

Mike C
PTang2
Beginner

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply and I have not brought the right model (i3 4330/4350) yet as they are the old model in HK. I keep on find in the market in new few days and start the tril work at coming week. May be more question is coming.

Parry

idata
Community Manager

Hi, Tctparry,

Thank you for your reply; if you have more doubts do not hesitate to send us a question.

Regards,

Mike C

PTang2
Beginner

I brought a new i3 4150 which showed ok at intel comptable list but there still no screen and no response even i recover the default bios. Is there somrthing that I overlook? Please help.

idata
Community Manager

Hi, Tctparry,

In regards to the compatibility concern between the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL and Intel® Core™ i3-4170.

Please send me the product model of the memories that you are using with the Intel® Core™ i3-4150 Processor.

If it is possible to send me the markings of the processor, they are on the top of the metal plate.

Regards,

Mike C
PTang2
Beginner

Hi Mike,

Here is my hardware system:

Server Board: INTEL S1200V3RPL

RAM: KINGSTON KVR16E11/81 8GB x2 PC3-12800E-11-11-E3

Processor: Intel i3-4150 Product Code: BXC80646I34150 Serial: UPNSXX3HOSN4

All component are confirmed to brand new without useage before. Pls help me to find out what causes the no display problem.

Parry

PTang2
Beginner

Hi Mike,

In addition the processor mark:

SR1PJ 3.5GHZ

VIETNAM

X509B858

idata
Community Manager

Hi, Tctparry,

Compatibility concern between the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL and Intel® Core™ i3-4170 and i3-4150.

Thank you for your update. I am really sorry for your inconvenience.

According to our documentation, the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL is fully compatible with the processor i3-4150 and your ECC memories too.

Please allow me 48 hours or less to perform a lab with a similar configuration. We work with Xeon® processors on daily basis, so I want to confirm the compatibility and verify if we require a special configuration in the BIOS.

Regards,

Mike C
idata
Community Manager

Hi, Tctparry,

No post with Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL and Intel® Core™ i3-4150.

Thank you for waiting for my answer. I have performed the lab with the same configuration and no issues presented.

In this case, please send me the information below:

-PBA number of the server board

-Tell me if you get beeps without memory

-Have you ever tested this board with a Xeon® processor

I will be waiting for your results.

Regards,

Mike C
idata
Community Manager

Hi, Tctparry,

I am wondering if you need further assistance on your last post.

Regards,

Mike C

idata
Community Manager

Hi, Tctparry,

I am going to close this interaction since no further assistance is needed; however, please feel free to contact us back if you have additional questions or requests.

Also, you may receive an evaluation regarding this interaction, I will appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Mike C