Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Dead SROMBSAS18E - what are my options?

SElli6
Beginner

Morning folks, I have a 3 year old S5000PSLROMBR server board in a SC5299BRP chassis, in which the RAID controller, SROMBSAS18E (which was connected to a AXX6DRV3GEXP) 6 drive SAS backplane) has died, thankfully, I had the data backed up, up to 7am of the morning it died, and I have another identical card from a different server, which I temporarily put in place of the dead one, to transfer the rest of the day's data off the array.

The question I have now though is what, if any, RAID controller can I get to replace the dead one permanently?, given I am highly unlikely to be able to find a un-used SROMBSAS18E anymore.

Gaining access to the existing array isn't critical, though would save me a lot of work, the main thing is just getting back to a RAID setup, utilising the kit I already own.

Thanks in advance.

-Stuart

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SElli6
Beginner

Thank you, I have contacted the first one to see if they ship internationally to the UK, but if anyone can suggest a current SKU part that I can easily source it would allow me the peace of mind to stock a spare or two for when it or its counterpart in the other server that contains one also dies.

0 Kudos
SElli6
Beginner

Hmm, just in case it helps anyone else, I found another post from someone with a similar problem, /thread/28392 http://communities.intel.com/thread/28392, and it was suggested by an Intel staffer that "Direct "equivalent" Intel controllers to the SROMBSAS18E are the SRCSAS18E, SRCSAS144E and SRCSASPH16I.".

So I am contacting my supplier to see if they can find me one of those.

0 Kudos