Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 difficulties connecting

ssvin
Novice

I have Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165. Windows 10 pro. I've tried every solution so far; resetting, updating, downgrading driver, delete, changing parameters etc. but nothing helps. The thing is when my HP notebook wakes after sleep it takes time to find my wireless network. It takes everything from 10 seconds to a couple of minutes and sometimes not at all. Or it finds it but stays in connection mode. The problem comes and goes and has been a problem for the last 6-8 months. I can reset the network and I got no problem for 2-10 days and then it starts over again with not connecting with no reason so far I can see. I get the warning: 6105 - deauth after EAPOL key exchange sequence.

68 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello svendsvin,

That is a very complete guide, I'll make sure to save it for future reference.

Let's give it some time to confirm, and let us know if the issue is resolved after this.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
LGasp
Beginner

svendsvin

Thanks for your answer. I am also saturated with not finding a solution to this problem. Today I'm going to try a Linux Live version to see what the result is.

Have you tried it? I have read that with Linux there is no problem, it is a good way to rule out hardware problems with the wireless card.

What version of Windows 10 do you have?

0 Kudos
LGasp
Beginner

svendsvin

Hi svendsvin,

Did you get up the download speed? What download speed did you have?

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello lucianogaspari,

The Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 is a 1x1 adapter (one antenna supporting one data stream). You can expect the following connection rates:

802.11ac network, using 2.4 GHz: 216.5 Mbps

802.11ac network, using 5 GHz: 433 Mbps

802.11n legacy network, using 2.4 GHz: 72.2 Mbps

802.11n legacy network, using 5 GHz: 150 Mbps

However, these are the send and receive rates, these numbers will always be greater than your download speed. Download speed tests measure how fast you download a packet from an online server, these don't account for network overhead and environmental factors such as user congestion, distance, obstacles, RF interference, etc. To find out what your https://blogs.intel.com/technology/2014/06/throughput-stupid/ estimated download speed can be, divide these numbers in half.

We always recommend using 1x1 adapters with 802.11ac capable routers in order to avoid performance issues and limitations caused by legacy networks (which are also more susceptible to interference). This type of adapters benefit the most from using Wireless-AC.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
ssvin
Novice

Hello lucianogaspari,

I haven't really been interested in download speed, just in getting connected to my wireless, but I haven't noticed it should be particularly slow. And to answer your Linux question: No I haven't tried Linux. This notebook is our "house computer", it's for everybody to use, and I can't expect everybody to start learning Linux.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello svendsvin,

Apologies for not acknowledging your latest question sooner. I've confirmed that it's OK for your Wireless PAN DHCP Server to be set to Manual, this is the default setting.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos