Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4853 Discussions

Import Intel RST Desktop RAID Array into LSI MegaRAID

Steven_Rodriguez
Beginner

Hello, I am wondering if a RAID 5 array currently setup on Intel RST Desktop RAID can be imported into Intel/Avago/LSI MegaRAID, such as that used with the RMS25PB080 as a foreign array.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RSump1
New Contributor III

Hello, I'm thinking the card should see it as a foreign configuration and you should be able to import. I use Intel/LSI LSA as my management. I've imported configurations between Dell RAID cards and LSI RAID cards with no issues, but the Dell cards are made by LSI. However, Intel tech are the experts here...

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Steven_Rodriguez.

I wanted to follow up on your thread before closing it just in case you had any questions or concerns regarding this.

The Intel® Integrated RAID Module RMS25PB080 does support import configuration, please refer to: Importing Foreign RAID Arrays on Ctrl+R–based Hardware Intel® RAID Controllers.

Taking your particular scenario into consideration, it is important to keep in mind that hardware RAID is validated for server/enterprise systems based on Intel platforms, meaning that migrating a software RAID created using RST on a consumer platform is not supported/validated by us.

If you have any questions, please let me know, and I will follow up on August 9th before closing the thread.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Steven_Rodriguez.

This post is to follow up on your thread in case you had any questions or concerns regarding my previous message.

The thread will be closed on August 12th if there is no confirmation about further assistance being required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Steven_Rodriguez.

This post is to inform you about the thread closure since there has been no confirmation about further assistance being required.

I previously shared that importing foreign configuration is supported, but this is validated for server/enterprise use only, and with RST being a consumer software RAID solution this type of process is not supported/validated by us.

The thread will be closed right now, Tand no longer monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos