Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4775 Discussions

Intel® Management Engine Critical Firmware Update (Intel-SA-00086)

TAkin
Beginner

I am trying to determine if my Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 v3 is in scope of this update. I noticed it states: Systems using Intel ME Firmware versions 6.x-11.x, server using SPS Firmware version 4.0, and systems using TXE versions 3.0 aree impacted. You may find these firmware versions on certain processors from the: and in the list it has Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200 v5 and v6 but not v3. Which leads me to believe this system would be out of scope. But it is being reported as needing mitigated.

I am unable to run the Discovery Tool to verify i continue to get the following message. The signature of the file HeciWrapper64.dll cannot be validated. Please refer to the INTEL-SA-00086 Detection Tool user guide for more information. There is no information about that dlll in the user guide. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ta022218,

With the Management Engine Critical Firmware Update (Intel-SA-00086), at this moment is only V5 and V6 models.

Intel is working hard to ensure the proper firmware update for each of the models. At this moment the V3 has not been found with the need for the firmware update.

I hope this information helps.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ta022218,

I will like to follow up on your question with the Management Engine Critical Firmware Update (Intel-SA-00086), at this moment is only V5 and V6 models.

Intel is working hard to ensure the proper firmware update for each of the models. At this moment the V3 has not been found with the need for the firmware update.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ta022218,

At this moment we haven't received any additional information from your regarding your question on the Management Engine Critical Firmware Update (Intel-SA-00086), at this moment is only V5 and V6 models.

I will proceed with closing the forum. I hope the information provided helps you

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos