Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4895 Discussions

Intel S2600WT | POST Code C3h DXE Reset system

BrcklMatthias
Beginner

Hey Guys,

Hey Support, 

Recently i've gained access to the Serverblade Intel R2312WTTYS (Bought it online).

unfortunately it has some issues i have to pass before using it for Hosting Cloud Services,

at first i want to share with you the Specs of the Server Blade and after that i will tell you which specific error i am Maintaining and how it will appear. 

Specs:

12x Cheetah 15.7K Drives

S2600WT Mainboard

2x Intel Xeon E5 2600 V3

2x 120 GB SSD Samson Evo 980

Intel Onboard Raid Controller => Intel RAID RMS3CC080 03-25633-10B

Intel PCIe Raid Controller => Intel RAID RES3FV288

Intel PCIe ETH Converged NTWK ADPTR X540-T2

PCIe AF210-1024DDR3 Graphics Card (for troubleshooting)

2x 1100 W Power Supply Units

24x 16 GB 2133 ECC RAM

now lets come to the Troubleshooting i did for now:

at the first start of the server i got the error code c3h which means "DXE Reset System" acording to the manual of the Mainboard. after a long session on google i've managed to narrow down the issue to the BIOS installation. then i've seached in the manual for the right jumper which should load the recovery bios to get rid of this issue. somehow this does not work. something which is a bit irritating is that if i unplug the PCIe SAS Card, the Mainboard will boot and no error codes are displayed. but even if its booted through and the bios should be loaded i get no Video output, tried this through a gpu which i've seated in the Lanes of CPU 1 and 2 and i've also tried the onboard graphics. something that is confusing me more is that there is a output signal at the 'HDMI Port of the PCIe card but no picture that is transmitted.

my actual guess is that someone did a BIOS Recovery and overwrited the bios with a version that doesn't support the installed cpu's, and for upgrading the bios you have to seat 2 older cpus in which can perform a bios rewrite to the newest version which supports the newer cpus again. 

because im barely new to the maintaining with server hardware i wanted to discuss this issue with you. eventually someone in this community have a solution for my problem although google has none

thanks for reading this and trying to help a lost server beginner !

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrcklMatthias
Beginner

Update: 

Tested a few more Things and uploaded a Video of the Issue: 

Things Tested:

- Ram Test, Tested in Bare minimum configuration

- Tested without Riser Cards & PCIe Cards

- Tested Recovery Jumper (no React)

- Tested without Drives

- Tested only with SSDs

- Switched PSUs (PSU2 "Lane 2" goes into standby before error code appears) 

- Drives that report error removed (no solution)

- Ordered two V1 CPUs for testing

Link to the Youtube Video of the Issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68zkqGv1yDs

BrcklMatthias_0-1686942906904.png

BrcklMatthias_2-1686943230272.png

BrcklMatthias_1-1686942959337.png

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello BrcklMatthias,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos