Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Intel m10jnp2sb and Xeon E-2286G overheating

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello,

We used intel m10jnp2sb board with E-2286G CPU in 2U chassis with 95W passive cooler (heatsink only). The main issue is that this board always waits untill 100C degrees, BMC beeps and only then start fans at maximum speed. Then CPU cool down and everything stabalize. It is like system start system fans a bit too late and allows CPU to reach 100C degrees. Should we use active cooler in this case?

Regards,

Sergei

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello SAljoshin,

Thank you for contacting Intel Processor Community.

Please help us by providing some additional information:

Are you running the latest BIOS for your server board? 

Is your system shutting down due to the overheating? 

Now, upon checking the configuration guide of the Intel® Server Board M10JNP2SB we noticed that the Intel® Xeon® E-2286G Processor is not compatible, have you tried testing another processor? Or did you notice this behavior with another server board?

You can confirm the information here https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/m10jnp2sb-config-guide.pdf page 10 and 11.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello SAljoshin,

I hope this message finds you safe, we are following your overheating issue with your Intel® Server Board M10JNP2SB and we would like to know if you need more help.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello,

We used 2 configurations: Xeon E-2226G and E-2286G both had small overheating issues with passive 95W heatsink, but stabilize after few minutes.

Actually both CPUs are supported by C246 chipset and this board has this chipset.

Probably we had to use active cooler instead.

Regards,

Sergei

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello SAljoshin,

No problem, please let us know if after testing with another cooling solution you notice any changes.

We will be waiting for your update.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello SAljoshin,

I am following your thread and we would like to know if by testing a different cooling solution you noticed any changes on the processor temperature.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello SAljoshin,

We are following up on a case that is still open with the issue on your Intel® Server Board M10JNP2SB, we know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to get you the right solution.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello SAljoshin,

I am following your thread and we would like to know if by testing a different cooling solution you noticed any changes on the processor temperature.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello SAljoshin,

Also please provide us the PBA number and the serial number of your server board.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
disappointed72
Beginner

I have the same issue but in my case PWM managed FANs rotation speed stay persistent independent of temperature from sensors. What is your BIOS settings: Advanced - Hardware Health Configuration - Fan Speed Control?

Can Intel representatives comment here on this issue?

0 Kudos