Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Newbie setting up remote server, R1304BTLSHBN + S1200BTL

idata
Employee

Hi just bought and install a intel server with R1304BTLSHBN chassis and S1200BTL board. It's include RMM4 module and Intel Dedicated Server Management Network Interface Card.

I have one doubt about configuration ot these modules. In BIOS / Integrated BMC Web Console, there is two IP/DNS/Gateway configuration, one for BMC, and one for Intel RMM4. Server will be managed remote, I try settings first one BMC, and can manage, but it's necesary to setup Intel RMM network?.

Which is the different between both method?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

You can use either of them to manage the server. Both are connected to the BMC, but RMM4 has a dedicated physical NIC port. But remember not to configure the BMC channel 1 and the RMM4 in the same IP subnet. If you need only one management port, it's recommended to use the RMM4 port.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

You can use either of them to manage the server. Both are connected to the BMC, but RMM4 has a dedicated physical NIC port. But remember not to configure the BMC channel 1 and the RMM4 in the same IP subnet. If you need only one management port, it's recommended to use the RMM4 port.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok, I think I only need one management port, so will use RMM4.

I don't know why you must require two differents ip to manage, surely I will set both port one for x.x.X.1 and other with x.x.Y.2

Thanks

0 Kudos