Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

Sporadic CPU misidentification on s5000pls

idata
Community Manager

Hello

We have seen a spike in BIOS error code 8110/8111 type errors on our systems using Xeon 5000 sequence over the past 5 months. I am told there is info available from intel on the root nature of this issue but I have only found info on retesting the CPU or power cycling as a work around. I have searched in the support community as well as on the main homepage. Any help locating the available info or undstanding the issue would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did it only happen during POST? Is there any error when the OS is running?

idata
Community Manager

Not certain if it is the latest BIOS available, it is the latest BIOS validated. As it is part of a medical device BIOS updates have to validated in compliance with FDA Regs. I do not have access to any of the systems today but I called a colleague and he indicated that the BIOS version was S5000.86B.10.00.0081, and that the BMC firmware version was 0.59, if that answers your question.

Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Which processor are you using? If possible run the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%22s5000+sel+viewer%22 SEL Viewer to grab system logs and see if there're any errors.

idata
Community Manager

We are using any of the Dual-Core Intel Xeon Processor 5000 Sequence CPUs 5030-5160. At the moment our test systems are cleared of errors.