Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4303 Discussions

Newbie setting up remote server, R1304BTLSHBN + S1200BTL

idata
Community Manager

Hi just bought and install a intel server with R1304BTLSHBN chassis and S1200BTL board. It's include RMM4 module and Intel Dedicated Server Management Network Interface Card.

I have one doubt about configuration ot these modules. In BIOS / Integrated BMC Web Console, there is two IP/DNS/Gateway configuration, one for BMC, and one for Intel RMM4. Server will be managed remote, I try settings first one BMC, and can manage, but it's necesary to setup Intel RMM network?.

Which is the different between both method?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

You can use either of them to manage the server. Both are connected to the BMC, but RMM4 has a dedicated physical NIC port. But remember not to configure the BMC channel 1 and the RMM4 in the same IP subnet. If you need only one management port, it's recommended to use the RMM4 port.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

You can use either of them to manage the server. Both are connected to the BMC, but RMM4 has a dedicated physical NIC port. But remember not to configure the BMC channel 1 and the RMM4 in the same IP subnet. If you need only one management port, it's recommended to use the RMM4 port.

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Ok, I think I only need one management port, so will use RMM4.

I don't know why you must require two differents ip to manage, surely I will set both port one for x.x.X.1 and other with x.x.Y.2

Thanks