cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Problems with latest Proset 15.1. and drivers

Hi,

Any clue how to try to figure out what is wron on my server.

I have tried upgrade my NIC drivers, but that shoots my servers NICs to failed status: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required (code 31)"

Now when I have tried to uninstall the latest packet it gives me "Windows installer has stopped working" multiple times, but finally it success(?).

The server where I try to upgrade is IBM x3650 and having "Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter".

--

Petri

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Petri,

We have seen this on rare occasions. We have developed a tool that we believe may help. I will send you a link to the utility located on our FTP server.

Thanks,

Justin Wright

Intel - Wired Networking

Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for your reply, in a meanwhile, before the tool is available, do you have any other idea to get this resolved? I removed manually the drivers so that device management shows only Microsoft drivers. Then I tried to install previous versions, bu they are failing at the same way.

--

Petri

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

I have a problem that's driving me crazy....A few days ago my Vaio Z21MN was hit by a nasty virus. I've cleaned it out. But for some reason my computer can no longer connect to the internet by Wi-Fi. A diagnostic check on the network adapter (Intel 82567LM Gigabit) says that 'Windows cannot load the drivers for this device (Code 1). I've deleted and re-installed the hardware and drivers....but nothing changes.

In another posting, you mentioned a special tool that might be relevant for this problem....I'd be keen to learn more...

Best regards, Alanaa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi, you may want to check out this site - http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-029916.htm

it contains steps to manually remove the proset and driver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Sage,

We tried that as well, but there must be something more. As only solution we found out was change the slots. Then we got the NICs to work. I can assume, that OS reinstallation will do the same, but this was so wierd...
0 Kudos