Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4297 Discussions

Questions about Intel Server Board S1200KPR

RKoch1
New Contributor I

Hi

I have some questions about the Intel Server Board S1200KPR and i hope somebody can help me.

I build a new Homeserver with the following components

- Intel E3-1265Lv2

- Intel S1200KPR

I would like to create RAID Arrays for my data. One RAID1 Array and One RAID5 Array.

1. In the Download section for this board is a donwload called "Intel RAID Web Console 2". This is the same Software which is use with Intel RAID Controllers. Can i use this Software to connect remotely to the OnBoard RAID Controller or is it only for use with Intel RAID Controller in PCIe Slots?

2. Can i use a Intel RAID Controller (for example RT3WB080) designed for Intel Xeon E5 Prosessors with this board? I cannot find any Informations if this combinations is compatible.

3. Anyone use this board with a RAID Controller? Which one?

Kind regards

Keks22

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SMSchulz
Novice

I built one with RS2BL040 a while back.

It runs great.

I am not sure about the remote connection ~ I use the remote desktop connection then connect to the web console.

It is a client computer running Server 2012 std.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

The board uses Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, so RAID Web Console won't connect to it. The driver at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22036 Download Center does include an Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology application, though.

I don't see any list of tested hardware posted on the support site, though.

SMSchulz
Novice

I built one with RS2BL040 a while back.

It runs great.

I am not sure about the remote connection ~ I use the remote desktop connection then connect to the web console.

It is a client computer running Server 2012 std.

View solution in original post