Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S1200V3RPL: BMC turns off

idata
Employee

Hello All !

S1200V3RPL (the new board) with the "Remote Management Module AXXRMM4Lite" module installed. BIOS updated to the latest version.

Board has a strange behaviour: when turn it off thought Web Console it turns off completely, with the BMC. There is only one LED on the board, that always lights (green) -- power (near the main power connector). LEDs on both NICs, status and ID (rear) all turned off. It goes without saying, that there is no ping and network connectivity to the Integrated BMC Web Console.

The BMC starts working when press on the Power Button on the front panel. System stays in the off mode, only the BMC turns on, initializes and work in ordinary mode (like when one turns on power source).

I tried:

• To reflash firmware for the BIOS, BMC and ME using according recovery modes (in sequence, one by one, setting according jumper with full AC power down, like it was mentioned in Recovery notes);
  • to downgrade BIOS to the v03.01.0002;
  • run the board with the other power source.
10 Replies
idata
Employee

When power off but connected to a power source the caution light should be green indicating that the unit is in a Online state. You could also confirm this by running the System Information Retrieval to capture the system logs.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24424/S1200V3RP-System-Information-Retrieval-Utility?product=77870 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24424/S1200V3RP-System-Information-Retrieval-Utility?product=77870

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
  1. "The caution light" -- I din't understand what LED you've mentioned?
  2. As I wrote before: ALL LEDs IS OFF except one near the main power connector. The BMC Status LED also in the off state.
0 Kudos
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello AppMath_SUSU ,

Please run https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24424/S1200V3RP-System-Information-Retrieval-Utility?product=77870 S1200V3RP System Information Retrieval Utility

and provide us with the System Logs.

Regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

"System Event Log" is the only thing, that I had never reset.

So, I had done (don't remember the order):

• Clear the System Event Log (in BIOS);
  • reflash BIOS in the Repair Mode (jumper);
  • load up the BIOS default settings.

At first glance, it helped, I'm continuing testing.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Unfortunately, some problem still exists. I can't connect with remote console because of the Java app. error about certificate expiration. I checked 'jviewer.jar' (downloaded from m/b). It contains META-INF\JVIEWER.RSA (4749 bytes 29.01.15 13:52) and the Intel certificate in it is definitely expired (valid to 21 Jan 2017). I tried to reflash BMC & ME with according jumper set to recovery. Reset to Defaults in BIOS. No result.

Is it normal, that m/b reboots (powercycle) several times when powered on after flashing?

Info below copied from the BMC Web Console.

System Information

Host Power Status : Host is currently ON RMM Status : RMM Dedicated Mgmt installed Device (BMC) Available : Yes BMC FW Build Time : Jul 1 2016 06:41:46 BIOS ID : S1200RP.86B.03.03.0006.081720162300 BMC FW Rev : 01.18.9983 Boot FW Rev : 01.16 SDR Package Version : SDR Package 1.08 Mgmt Engine (ME) FW Rev : 03.00.07.024
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I had not enough time to save log yesterday.

Nothing interesting in it (again).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the information. We will proceed to analyze the provided data and will let you know of the outcome as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It's the Java Security error because of certificate expiration. I tried today again to reflash BIOS, BMC, ME (all in according recovery mode) + backup BIOS. No effect...

And one more question. How many beeps should I hear when the board POST? It make double beeps now. Is it normal? The manual said, that in normal mode should be one beep, two beeps should be in recovery mode...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AppMath_SUSU ,

The system is going to give you a series of short beeps that means the server is enumerating the USB devices.

In order to expedite the resolution of this issue, I recommend contacting Support at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

Best regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos