Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2600CP Windows 10 watchdog driver

3Ukra
Beginner

Good Day.

I am tried enable "OS boot watchdog timer" at BIOS, but my OS (Window 10 - 1709) always rebooted.

I didnt find Intel Watchdog driver and i dont understand how i should install it.

I am really need your help.

How i should check this driver? Does this function support Windows 10?

RMM Status :Intel(R) RMM not installedDevice (BMC) Available :YesBMC FW Build Time :Mar 23 2017 20:14:24BIOS ID :SE5C600.86B.02.06.0006.032420170950BMC FW Rev :01.28.10603Boot FW Rev :01.17SDR Package Version : �� dd dddMgmt Engine (ME) FW Rev :02.01.07.328
0 Kudos
33 Replies
idata
Employee

Understood, Lets move in to hardware diagnose then.

SysInfo Log generation:

Download the utility from this link:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25437/Intel-System-Information-Retrieval-Utility-SysInfo- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26991/System-Information-Retrieval-Utility-SysInfo-?v=t

To run the application, please follow these instructions:
  • You will need USB flash drive formatted as FAT32 (make sure that the flash drive is empty.)
  • Download the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26991/System-Information-Retrieval-Utility-SysInfo- Sysinfo_V14_0_Build19_AllOS.zip package; extract the contents of the System Information Retrieval Utility (SysInfo)
  • Copy the content that is inside the UEFI folder into the root of the flash drive (not into a folder).
  • Boot into Internal EFI Shell (with the Thumb drive connected to the server), get into the flash drive with the command "FS0: + enter", type "dir" press enter and run the sysinfo.efi file for the utility to start.
Once the utility complete its process, it will copy the log file on your flash drive. Please reply to this message with that file, and I'll working on it as soon as possible.

That will be it for now, if you have any doubt or need help with the instructions provided please feel free to let me know or call to our regular support number.

Best regards,

Kenneth R.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 3DPrinter.ua,

I hope you are doing well today.

We are still investigating this issue. As soon as we get new information we will contact you.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 3DPrinter.ua,

We are still investigating this issue. As soon as we get new information we will contact you.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 3DPrinter.ua,

I apologize for my delay.

Within BIOS there is just the option to enable/disable the feature and it can be used with a watchdog timer aware the Operating System, which is the case of Windows 10.

Then you can change some settings related to time but that's pretty much it, there are no drivers for that feature as it is an OS feature as well.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi 3DPrinter.ua,

I'm following up with you to see if there is anything else we can help with or if can proceed in closing this case.

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi 3DPrinter.ua,

I have nor heard back from you in regards to this case. I will proceed in closing the case. If you need more assistance feel free to contact us again,

Regards,

0 Kudos
3Ukra
Beginner

good afternoon.

I do not understand you. I tested three different operating systems.

In all these systems, the computer rebooted by itself when the function is enabled. The timer should ensure the computer's permanent operation if the operating system is up and running.

What operating system do I need to install and what version of the driver does this function work for?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 3DPrinter.ua,

Thank you for your update.

Does the computer restarted after a Blue Screen, or just restarted with no errors?

Regards,

Jeremiah A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 3DPrinter.ua,

Does the computer restarted after a Blue Screen, or just restarted with no errors?

Regards,

Jeremiah A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 3DPrinter.ua,

Regards,

Jeremiah A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 3DPrinter.ua,

In regards to your question: " What operating system do I need to install and what version of the driver does this function work for?"

Within BIOS there is just the option to enable/disable the feature and it can be used with a watchdog timer aware the Operating System, which is the case of Windows 10.

Then you can change some settings related to time but that's pretty much it, there are no drivers for that feature as it is an OS feature as well.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 3DPrinter.ua,

In regards to your question: " What operating system do I need to install and what version of the driver does this function work for?"

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 3DPrinter.ua,

I have not heard back from in regards to this case. I will proceed in closing this case. If you need more assistance from us you can go ahead and open a new case and refer to this one.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos