Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4929 Discussions

S5000PSL BIOS

Kabosu
Beginner
Good afternoon, I changed the s5000psl board to the same one, but the E5410 processor did not start on it. I noticed that the boards have different BIOS firmware versions. I can't find it anywhere, please help!

Good afternoon, I changed the s5000psl board to the same one, but the E5410 processor did not start on it. I noticed that the boards have different BIOS firmware versions. I can't find it anywhere, please help!

Required bios version S5000.86B.10.00.0085 11/29/2007 or older, thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Kabosu,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. 

You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
d1k
Beginner

I'm having the same issue, cannot find a download for the latest bios for my used Intel SSR212MC2 (S5000PSL) storage server I just bought.   I bought the best CPUs it can handle but need the latest bios to use them.  Not on any intel site nor the internet in general.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You are correct.  Support files for old, discontinued, unsupported products are no longer available.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
d1k
Beginner

This is absurd.  Never buying anything Intel again.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Intel has done this for many products, basically erasing history.   It is wrong for them to do so, in my opinion.  I have spoken up, and no one at intel cared.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]