Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

SC5299-EBRP; S5000VSASATA; E5345

idata
Employee

I have the above components. The board is vesion D57139-008, PBA D29137-715. The processor is SL9YL Intel E5345. The thing will not post. All four leds on the rear of the board are red. It beeped three times as it was starting. I changed the power supply. I know the RAM is good because it worked in my prior configuration. The rear fan runs on maximum, it will not power down.The board and processor are new.

I had a S5000VSASFR board, two E5410 SLANW(?) proceesors on this board. It would not post. It did post with a E5310 SLABM(?) with a thumb drive containing BSD(?). It booted but the fan would run on high and not power down. This board is Version E10035-001 and PBA E11012-100.

Could it be the case? This is the only component that I have not changed. I am assuming the RAM is good becasue the machine would post with the E5310 processor and the S5000VSASASR board.

What else could be causing my problems? Is the processor in the first paragraph compatible with that board? Are the E5410 processors bad?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

I have the above components. The board is vesion D57139-008, PBA D29137-715. ( The E5345 and E5310 are supported in this board) The processor is SL9YL Intel E5345. The thing will not post. All four leds on the rear of the board are red. It beeped three times as it was starting. (MEMORY ERROR -- If you are using supported memory- most likley a bent CPU pin.) I changed the power supply. I know the RAM is good because it worked in my prior configuration. The rear fan runs on maximum, it will not power down.The board and processor are new.

I had a S5000VSASFR board, two E5410 SLANW(?) proceesors on this board. It would not post. It did post with a E5310 SLABM(?) with a thumb drive containing BSD(?). It booted but the fan would run on high and not power down. This board is Version E10035-001 and PBA E11012-100. ( This should POST with either processor, but the BIOS code stack needs to be updated, Fans running full speed is a sign that the Code (FRUSDR is not load or incorrectly loaded)

Could it be the case? This is the only component that I have not changed. I am assuming the RAM is good becasue the machine would post with the E5310 processor and the S5000VSASASR board.

What else could be causing my problems? Is the processor in the first paragraph compatible with that board? Are the E5410 processors bad?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos