Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

SR1680MV - Three Green standby LED light blinking on motherboard / The server won't turn on

xcorb
Beginner

Hello Everybody,

The motherboard of my SR1680MV shows three green LED lights blinking ( just on right of the right hard drive slot on the motherboard )... 1sc ON/ 1sc OFF.

I even tryed to put it in my second Rack ( i got four server ) to see if it was about the powersupply but i got the same result.

Thks in advance to help me.

Best regards

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

Regarding your question, "SR1680MV - Health LED blinking RED / No BOOT". I also see that you open a second case 02743618. Which of this two cases will you like to work on or are they different.

First, to ensure this systems are "End of Life", which means that the information is limit (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-systems/legacy-server-storage-and-workstation-systems/intel-server-system-sr1000mv-family/intel-server-system-sr1680mv.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-systems/legacy-server-storage-and-workstation-systems/intel-server-system-sr1000mv-family/intel-server-system-sr1680mv.html).

But with the information that you have tested another power supply then is not power supply unit. Could be the power distribution board. Also, could check the system with minimum configuration. Meaning with one cpu at a time

Also are you getting any type of message on the screen. Or any beeps you can hear. Also here is the some troubleshooting information (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/000018685.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/000018685.html).

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
xcorb
Beginner

Hello Henry,

Thanks a lot for your answer... I did manage the bliking Health Red LED problem myself ( had to remove RAMs / CPUs / Clean everything... ).

Now my problem is on another sever ( i got four SR1680MV ). Even with / or without CPUs and RAMs on the motherboard i got this three green LEDs Blinking Green.. No Beeps / No Display on screen / No Front LEDs... Just this LEDs blinking.

Maybe it could help you to understand my problem better... Any idea about It ???

Wishing you a good day.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

Regarding your question, "SR1680MV – System Board LED blinking / No Beeps and no BOOT". If this is happening with and without cpu/memory and no beep codes, then is on the main chipset of the system board. Which means that is bad.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

Regarding your question, "SR1680MV – System Board LED blinking / No Beeps and no BOOT". If this is happening with and without cpu/memory and no beep codes, then is on the main chipset of the system board. Which means that is bad.

Is there anything else we can help or can we proceed on closing the case.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
xcorb
Beginner

Thks a lot for your answer... Iwill try to find a second hand motherboard then...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

I am really sorry it was not the answer you were looking for. Is there anything else we can help or can we proceed on closing it.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos