Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

VGA Driver Issue S1200SPSR

MGebe1
Beginner

Hi , there's a problem with the Matrox G200e driver 4.3.1.4 I downloaded from the Download Center running on Server 2019 (10.0.17763.1).

When display enters standby and you want continue working, the display remains black, although there's a signal from the vga output.

Then you have to press winkey-ctrl-shift-B to restart the graphics driver. After that video output is normally again.

Is there a solution?

Markus

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergioS_Intel
Hello MGebe11, Upon checking with our upper level support and also checking the list of validated operating systems for the Intel(R) Server board S1200SPSR it seems that this is video driver compatibility issue, since Windows server 2019 has not been validated for this server board, you can confirm this information here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000017643/server-products/server-boards.html We do recommend testing your server board with a validated operating system. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Which OS? Provide version and build information.

The only driver listed is for server 2016:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26508/Onboard-Video-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2016?product=97949

Doc

0 Kudos
MGebe1
Beginner

Pardon me, I forgot...

Server 2019 (10.0.17763.1)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I cannot verify that Server 2019 is supported. One of the Intel support engineers will assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello MGebe11, The problem that you are having could be related with a video driver problem issue, what version of the video driver are you using? Is this the first time that you are trying this Windows 2019 server on this server board? Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MGebe1
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

as I wrote before it's the Matrox G200e driver 4.3.1.4 (the latest one) downloaded from the Download Center and yes, it's the first time I installed Server 2019.

Markus

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello MGebe11, Upon checking with our upper level support and also checking the list of validated operating systems for the Intel(R) Server board S1200SPSR it seems that this is video driver compatibility issue, since Windows server 2019 has not been validated for this server board, you can confirm this information here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000017643/server-products/server-boards.html We do recommend testing your server board with a validated operating system. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello MGebe11, I am following your question and we would like to know if you need further assistance Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello MGebe11, I am following your thread in case you have more questions, please contact us back. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello MGebe11, If you need more assistance please feel free to contact us back. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos