Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Warning Predictive Failure

AJusu
Beginner

Hi Guys,

I keep getting notifications daily for the last 3 months about:

Controller ID: 0 PD Predictive Failure:

Port 0 - 3:1:5

I'm not sure what this really means. I'm thinking I may need to replace the hard drive. How do I determine which one it is? Attached is the image of the errors..

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

It will be a good idea if you can extract the TTY logs of the raid controller. You can extract them by right clicking on the raid controller inside the raid web console and one of the last options is the TTY logs.

0 Kudos
AJusu
Beginner

This is not working for me, couple of things, 1st, Intel Raid Web Console 2 just freezes and doesn't respond after i click Save TTY logs, and when I open the file there's nothing in it..

Any other suggestions. From the photo I attached can you tell me what drive is exactly that might be going bad?

0 Kudos
AJusu
Beginner

Oops never mind after about 4 minutes of being non responsive I finally got a log.

Only thing is there's over 300k words in there to go through..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

From the picture is hard to tell which is the one going bad. Can you send those logs so we can check them for you?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Following up on this matter, can you send us the logs if you are still having issues?

0 Kudos