Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

What is the successor for the S5520SC Motherboard?

MHuss7
Beginner

HI,

I have an SC5600 chasis and two E5645 processors. I recon that my current S5520SC motherboard supports a certain level of hardware upgrades.

If I only want to replace my motherboard and keep the chassis and the processors, what motherboard should I buy as a more recent version (supports DDR5 for example)?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

To answer your question, the processors and chassis are designed to work only with the S5500 Family.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

To answer your question, the processors and chassis are designed to work only with the S5500 Family.

0 Kudos
MHuss7
Beginner

Thanks for the answer Dan. So that means that I will have to buy all the components if I plan to upgrade (as the old processors won't work with the new mobo).

Is there a way to link two Intel Servers for 3D rendering purposes efficiently without an active internet connection/router?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Your affirmation is correct. Regarding your inquiry for "a way to link two Intel Servers for 3D rendering purposes" we regret to inform you that is out of the scope of support for us. Thank you for your understanding.

0 Kudos