Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
4329 Discussions

ib0: can't use GFP_NOIO for QPs on device hfi1_0, using GFP_KERNEL

NTrud
Beginner

What does this message mean: ib0: can't use GFP_NOIO for QPs on device hfi1_0, using GFP_KERNEL

How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

Based on this lines, I could say it is associated to the way drivers will allocate and manage memory. GFP_NOIO and GFP_KERNEL will change the blocking level and has many usages.

I would like to know what Intel product you have, your system configuration and any other detail you would like to add, so we can better assist you.

faugub_intel # iwork4intel

NTrud
Beginner

Please let me know if there is more you need than this. If so, please specify what specifically you would like. Thank you.

HW:

-Kennedy Pass Motherboard

-Broadwell Processor

-PCIe-3 Single Port OPA 100 GBE/s

-8 GB DDR4 DIMM

SW:

-BIOS: SE5C610.86B.01.01.0015.012820160943

-RHEL 6.4

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for the information you shared.

This is not a problem associated with hardware parts. The issue remains in the usage and allocation blocking tasks. This is something configurable in different ways and differs on the purpose of your system.

I recommend to contact the Linux community for guidance on this topic.

faugub_intel # iwork4intel