Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

increase the size of a RAID 10 on RMS3CC080

IIvan20
Beginner

Is it possible to increase the size of RADI 10 from 4 disks, if you add 4 more?

I can not find such an option in the Intel 2 web console (the megaraid storage manager)

Without destroying the current array.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Amigo83,

Thank you for reaching out, I've reviewed your question and as it is right now, Raid technology does not support Online Capacity Expansion in spanned arrays such as RAID 10, RAID 50, or RAID 60.

However, as a work around it is possible to back up the data, create a new array with all the drives and restore the data to the new array afterwards, it takes a little longer but it does the trick.

For further reference please check:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023761/server-products.html?wapkw=000023761 How to Perform Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) Using the Intel® RAID Web Console 2 Utility for Hardware Intel® RAID Controllers

I hope this answer your question if so or if you need anything else please let me know, I'll stay tuned to your comments.

Kenneth R.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Amigo83,

Thank you for reaching out, I've reviewed your question and as it is right now, Raid technology does not support Online Capacity Expansion in spanned arrays such as RAID 10, RAID 50, or RAID 60.

However, as a work around it is possible to back up the data, create a new array with all the drives and restore the data to the new array afterwards, it takes a little longer but it does the trick.

For further reference please check:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023761/server-products.html?wapkw=000023761 How to Perform Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) Using the Intel® RAID Web Console 2 Utility for Hardware Intel® RAID Controllers

I hope this answer your question if so or if you need anything else please let me know, I'll stay tuned to your comments.

Kenneth R.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos