Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

s5520hc LED Status 54 and does not initialise keyboard

MGove
Beginner

I had a working S5520HC motherboard fitted with 8Gb ram. ( 4 times 2Gb)

I replaced the dimms in an effort to upgrade the memory and the server would not boot. It came up with the Intel splash screen and the keyboard did not initialise. The LED status on the rear of the board was 0x54.

(Reserved for PCI Bus).

I reverted to the old dimms but the error conditions persisted.

I have tried the ff:

starting with only 1 dimm in A1.

Clearing the CMOS ram.

Neither of these helped. Can I assume the motherboard has suffered hardware failure?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

Proceed to test the board with one processor at the time on cpu socket# 1 and no memory looking for beep codes. If you get beep codes, test each memory module individually. If the system does not provide any beep codes then there is a hardware failure and we recommend replacing it under warranty if applicable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello,

Proceed to test the board with one processor at the time on cpu socket# 1 and no memory looking for beep codes. If you get beep codes, test each memory module individually. If the system does not provide any beep codes then there is a hardware failure and we recommend replacing it under warranty if applicable.

0 Kudos