Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

App fails to load due to amount of assets

One__EternaL
New Contributor I

I've gotten to where my Construct2-made GPlay game-- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eternalnovel.episodei --doesn't load, but rather has the red progress loading bar, due to having too many image and audio assets: 771 png images at 34.3mb, and 539 ogg sounds at 23.7mb. However, it fails so soon that it seems to simply be giving up too quickly. Do you have any ideas on how to make it load the assets anyway instead of giving up so fast? Thank you

(I have preload sounds set to yes, because if I don't then sounds just come in way too late in scenes. I looked for an event to preload 'all sounds' or even play 'all sounds' but couldn't find it. If that existed, I could set preload sounds to off and then in an event preload or even play all sounds at -100 volume in the background so that they all load after the actual game loads, thereby bypassing the error. But no way to do that yet that I know of without manually making 500+ events for the 500+ sounds which I wouldn't.)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

Can you zip the project or send apk as a private message, we can take a look at it.

0 Kudos
One__EternaL
New Contributor I

Rakshith Krishnappa (Intel) wrote:

Can you zip the project or send apk as a private message, we can take a look at it.

Thanks, I sent it to you now. It's the link from the html5tools@intel.com e-mail that says "You can download your application ARM file with this secure link." Thank you!

0 Kudos