Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Xeon Phi 31S1P Missing Mounting Bracket

Dale_M_
Beginner

We just received a 31S1P however it arrived without a mounting bracket; I'm not talking about the extension bracket but rather the bracket that connects the card to the back of the computer case.  I spoke to the vendor however they have been less than useful, stating that they get the cards in bulk from Intel and they had no idea what I was talking about. Eventually they looked at some of the cards they have in stock and found that those cards also don't have a mounting bracket at which point they offered me an RMA.  Ideally I could just get a mounting bracket for the one I have so that I don't need to go through the RMA process and try to find another vendor with a card that has a mounting bracket.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here? We ordered a card in the past (different vendor) and it came with the mounting bracket in the box, just not installed.

http://i.imgur.com/e6hFHl1.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Loc_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Dale,

I communicate with internal people here regarding your problem. What I learned is Intel normally ships the co-processors either with the mounting brackets attached, or with the brackets not attached. In the second case, users need to attach the mounting brackets themselves.

In your case, if the mounting bracket is missing, then I would suggest the vendor to contact Intel and find out why. Hope this is helpful.

Thank you.

0 Kudos