Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Audio streaming not working in Android

Jarmo_K_
Beginner
Hi Sorry if this has been asked already (tried using search using mobile and didn't find anything related to my problem). Audio streaming (from shoutcast url) works in test via app preview but when I build the app and transfer it in Android phone, it doesn't work. I've been trying anything I know of and nothing solves that problem and every time audio works in app preview. I'm using latest version of XDK.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Do you have an errors in the console of the Emulator in the XDK?

Did you include cordova.js (only once) in your app?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Make sure you've selected the Audio plugin from the Projects tab. When you use App Preview all the plugins are included by default. When you build an app you need to select the plugins that your app requires.

0 Kudos
Jarmo_K_
Beginner
Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I forgot to tell that in original post. I have audio plugin (also player plugin) selected and I've set the read/write permissions in the additions file. But still I can't get the stream to work when the app is installed.
0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Do you have an errors in the console of the Emulator in the XDK?

Did you include cordova.js (only once) in your app?

0 Kudos
Jarmo_K_
Beginner
Sorry late reply, I had login problems. Thank you so much John H. I don't see any errors in console but I don't know how I forgot to include the cordova.js.. I did check everything hundreds of times and I don't know why I didn't notice the missing cordova.js I included it in code and everything works. Thank you so much for pointing out that.
0 Kudos