Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can't debug common vars in DLL

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
After upgrading to CVF 6.5A, I can no longer debug COMMON variables in a fortran DLL. If I use a project that was compiled using 6.1A, the values of the COMMON variables are visible, but after making a change to the main program and recompiling, the variables have a value of 'undefined address' in the watch window.
I did run per-user setup.
Anyone else run into this situation after upgrading to 6.5 or 6.5a?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
I tried compiling the DLLEXP2 sample under CVF 6.5a, and it gives the same 'undefined address' problem when stepping through it. (I also have MSVC 6 sp4 installed.)
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I can reproduce this and have asked our debugger expert to comment.

Steve
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Looks as if we broke this - sorry. It wasn't intentional. We'll get it fixed as soon as we can.

Steve
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Has this been resolved yet? If I've got a licence for 6.5a, would I be authorized to use 6.1a until this is fixed?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Yes, you are still licensed to use 6.1A. I suggest you write us at vf-support@compaq.com with a brief problem description - we can probably help you further. The bug is fixed in our internal sources.

Steve
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
I might write vf-support, however, just to clarify, if I install 6.1a on a machine using the licence on a 6.5a package, that should work?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Yes, that should work.

Steve
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
We're not looking at doing an update for the next several months. If this is a problem for you, write us at vf-support@compaq.com and we'll help you out.

I'm not aware of a problem with DLLEXPORT and EQUIVALENCE - can you elaborate?

Steve
0 Kudos