Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Choosing Framework7 doesn´t import libraries

Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

I am starting a new project, from scratch. I choosed Framework7 as my framework to work. I noticed that no libraries was imported. The framework selection at project tab does not affect anymore in XDK?

Considering that, I used Bowed to include this library. The XDK says a window "Installing "framework7", version 1.4.2, but never ends. After many minutes without answer I closed/opened the XDK. The related files still do not appear yet. 

What I need to do to use this library from scratch?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hamilton -- are you using App Designer or doing this by hand?

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Paul> I started a new project like this:

• HTML5 Companion Hybrid Mobile or Web App
  • Templates
  • Blank
  • HTML5 + Cordova
  • Use APP Designer
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I don't think the Framework7 library is actually added to your project until you add something into the design page that requires Framework7. Some of the UI layout elements are independent of the UI framework, so until you add an item that is part of the Framework7 UI, you won't see the F7 lib in your project.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Paul> I understand. I will make another tests to see. But, why the installation never ends? I tried with other libraries and these other works ok. Only Framework7 never ends normally.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I've seen that same issue with Bower when trying to load some other libraries. I'm not sure what is going on there. I'll file a bug regarding that behavior. The alternative is to just install Bower on your system and use it directly. There's no "special sauce" in the Bower that's included in the XDK, it's the same as the standard install.

0 Kudos