Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Clear Down local variables and webSQL databases

Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

It would be useful to have the ability to clear down variables and local databases when using the emulator.

For example when you create a login process that stores that information in localStorage, it is difficult to retest the process once the data is stored in the Emulator without writing test procedures to clear this data.

On the device I can uninstall and reinstall but that a pain. It would be much better to be able to clear down those files to be able to retest procedures within the emulator.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Bump, anyone from Intel got any thoughts on this.

0 Kudos
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Nick,

You can clear the values in Web SQL, IndexedDB, Local Storage and Session Storage using the debugger in the Emulator. Look for the Resources tab, and at the left pane you have access to all these storages.

After delete the values restart the app in emulator.

Regards

Diego

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Hi Thanks for your response.

That is fair enough, but it is not app specific, I see all my local storage variables from all the apps I have developed. It is not always easy to see the local storage variables applicable at the time i.e the current project as I tend to use similar variables across my projects.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Nick -- my guess is that if you delete the Cache folder in the XDK global-settings folder it will clear this data for you. Obviously, you'll have to do this when the XDK is not running, as it contains cached data for all sorts of components in the XDK.

• on Mac:
    $ cd ~/Library/Application Support/XDK
    $ rm -rf Cache
  • on Windows:
    > cd %LocalAppData%\XDK
    > del /s/q Cache\*.*

There is also a "Local Storage" folder in that directory, which may also be related (I'm not positive). You'll have to experiment. In the worst case, you can delete everything in that directory except the "global-settings.xdk" file and the XDK will rebuild the whole mess. Don't lose your global-settings.xdk file or you'll lose your projects list, etc.

0 Kudos