Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cordova app may differ pages have different jQueryMobile version lib

Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

In a Cordova app may differ pages have different jQueryMobile version lib...? this is for compatibility and legacy pages? This may have effect in legacy jQMobile pages versions eg not scroll down... the old code pages [if have in same app completely separate pages but different/upper jQMobile version]?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Generally, it is best to build your Cordova app in a single page, using hide and show to make "virtual pages" show. This eliminates the delays associated with opening and closing pages and reloading all the scripts on each page. It also retains your JavaScript context between "pages." See this Cordova document for more info > https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/next/ <

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

in case double page mobile cordova app

can a page has jQm 1.2.2 and the other page jQm 1.4.5...? without impact and support also for legacy code?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You'll have to give it a try, Leonidas. It's not the sort of thing we experiment with. I recommend you search Stack Overflow for ideas on how to mix different versions of a JavaScript library. That question is outside the scope of this forum.

0 Kudos