Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

DCM /FW Install Issues - PLEASE READ!

Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

There are multiple possible failure/error situations during DCM installs/upgrades.  There is also a built in limitation of attempts in some cases at 20. If you have issues after 2 or 3 attempts, please follow the instructions below.

There are 2 errors that have solutions already posted:
 - IF the error is the Installer mentions other Microsoft Hotfixes or patches, you do NOT have a problem unless you see other issues with the installation.
 - If the error is saying you have 0 space, you need to remove the file
 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSDCM" and try installation again

For other errors, please supply us with the following information: (1, 2, and 3 are definitely all required)
Note: it is VERY IMPORTANT that you check and accurately report your exact conditions as there are many combinations with different end results.
1. Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated cameras.
2. In Device Manager, what is listed under Imaging Devices? (nothing, virtual driver, RGB, depth, webcam, etc..)
3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with the word device?
4.  Are there any error codes (-4 is general camera failure; -3 is failed to init camera).
5. Include install logs.

0 Kudos
79 Replies
Charles_H_1
Beginner

Hi,

I have a problem with the install of the SDK.

Setup Wizard (ended prematurely details: To install this program at a later time, run Wizard again.
Click the Finish buton to exit the Setup Wizard,

Camera INTEL REALSENSE 3D CAMERA (R200) DEVELOPER KIT (order from Intel)

Version SDK 6.0.21.6598

Laptop details: Windows 10 Home Processor Intel Core i7-3632QM and  8GB Ram.

How can I fix this problem?

Best regards,

Charles

0 Kudos
Joseph_L_
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having a problem installing the DCM R200 (version 2.0.3.39488)

I'm getting this error "The Installer failed to detect an Intel RealSense 3D Camera on this system.  The installation was terminated."

I'm trying to install this on a Surface Pro 3, the R200 is plugged-in directly to the USB 3.0 port.  OS is Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit.

---------------------

1. Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated cameras.

Camera was ordered from Intel.

2. In Device Manager, what is listed under Imaging Devices? (nothing, virtual driver, RGB, depth, webcam, etc..)

The only things listed are Microsoft LifeCam Front and Microsoft LifeCam Rear

3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with the word device?

Not listed

4.  Are there any error codes (-4 is general camera failure; -3 is failed to init camera).

N/A

5. Include install logs.

Where is this stored?

-----------------

Thanks for any help.

-Joseph

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

If you aren't seeing the camera at all, in Dev. Mgr or by the Software - then you probably are having a USB 3 issue. Do you have more than one port you could try?  Do you have another system you could try the camera in? Can you look under USB Controllers and see what the details are on the 3.0 controller?

0 Kudos
Joseph_L_
Beginner

Here's a screenshot of the USB controllers in Device Manager on my Surface Pro 3 and I'll try a second machine.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

There's only 1 USB 3 port, right? And you don't have anything else plugged into it (like a hub or port expander). Do other USB 3 devices work ok? Did it ever work?

0 Kudos
Joseph_L_
Beginner

Yes, there's only 1 USB 3 port and I plugged in the R200 directly (I'm not using a hub).   The port also works since I usually I have a Toshiba dynadock that I use.   But for this test, I did not have the dynadock plugged-in.

0 Kudos
Joseph_L_
Beginner

Also I was wondering if it matters that I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise and not Windows 10 Pro.

0 Kudos
Martin_Z_2
Beginner

Hi,

I have problems with installing DCM. I tried install it several times, but every time it ended with the same error:

Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager F200 Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).

Details

Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera firmware update failed.

The installer failed to update the firmware of your Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera. The camera firmware may be corrupted. Contact your computer manufacturer for recovery instructions.

Error code: -17

Error.png

Additional information:

1. I have Intel ultrabook development system with integrated camera.

Capture@.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Can please anyone help me?

Martin

0 Kudos
Joseph_L_
Beginner
Hello,

I've tried installing on a second machine and this time I'm getting an error code: -10000 when installing the DCM.

1. Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated cameras.

Camera was ordered from Intel.

2. In Device Manager, what is listed under Imaging Devices? (nothing, virtual driver, RGB, depth, webcam, etc..)

Imaging devices

- Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) Depth
- Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) Left-Right
- Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) RGB

3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with the word device?

Where is this listed?

4.  Are there any error codes (-4 is general camera failure; -3 is failed to init camera).

During the installation of the DCM I got error code -10000.

5. Include install logs.

Where is this stored?
0 Kudos
Chi_T_
Beginner

I have a Dell XPS on Windows 10 (Home) and I did not have any installation problem at all.  I cleaned out my old install (Release 2 of the SDK) first.

I plugged in the new R200 to a backside USB3 port and installed my DCM for R200 (intel_rs_dcm_r200_2.0.3.39488.exe) OK.  When I next plugged in the F200 (to a Front-side USB3 port), the PC went to the web and install new drivers for the F200 automatically.  And when I invoked DCM for F200 (intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.41944.exe), it said that I had a newer driver version already.   Next I installed the off-line SDK (intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_r4_6.0.21.6598.exe) and things went OK too.  I did not have to install the driver from Creative (C3DG_0800_PCAPP_DRV_EN_1_00_07a.exe) as it said that I already had a newer driver.

I also had an older Senz3D camera, so I also installed the 2013 SDK (intel_pc_sdk_offline_package_t_1.8.13842.0.exe) - OK also.

And so far I am glad to report that all 3 cameras are working OK for me - at the same time (lucky, I guess).  The old 2013 SDK still gives me Depth data OK, but the newer RS SDK Release 4 only gave me the RGB data for the Senz3D camera.

0 Kudos
Darrel_K_
Beginner

I am not able to run the Camera Manager installer.  I get the following message:

The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated.

1. The camera was ordered from Intel

2. Device Manager shows:

1. Inter(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) Depth
  2. Inter(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) Left-Right
  3. Inter(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) RGB

3. Not listed by name. Listed as USB Composite Device. This camera is plugged directly into the back of the PC into a USB3 port.

4.  No error codes. 

5. Not sure where to find the log if there is one.  

Other information:

Windows 10 Enterprise, Intel i7-4771, 32GB DDR3

Any help would be great.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Keith_S_
Beginner

Firmware update problem -4 with Lenovo B50-30 All In One updated to Windows 10 from factory reset. Answers to most if not all questions in attached doc. No camera seen under images but it appears under system devices a Front. No camera application can find the camera. Regards, Keith

0 Kudos
Houman_Z_
Beginner

i have f200, when installing last dcm it shows error for firmware update, but i can install version 1.2 but windows hello dies not come, i have windows 10 pro installed on my macbook pro bootcamp usb3 and 4rd generation cpu, please help me to enable my camera for windows hello, creative firmware utility tells me that firmware is uptodate

0 Kudos
Houman_Z_
Beginner

no one to help

i want to know the camera sent by intel is correct or not

maybe the problem is with camera

when i plug usb even the gree light of camera does not turn on?

how i ahve to inform intel to send new camera to me?

regards

houman zarkesh

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Keith, do you have integrated F200 in this computer? how many camera did you connect to this computer at same time? Thanks, David

Keith S. wrote:

Firmware update problem -4 with Lenovo B50-30 All In One updated to Windows 10 from factory reset. Answers to most if not all questions in attached doc. No camera seen under images but it appears under system devices a Front. No camera application can find the camera. Regards, Keith

0 Kudos
uzi_b_
Beginner

i've been trying to install f200 on usb3 ports running intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.41944.exe on two different Windows 10 pro machines but keep getting this:

The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated. (Also attached capture)

on both machines device manager only shows Creative VF0800  under Sound, video and game controllers, but nothing under imaging devices.

any ideas?

Cheers,

Uzi

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Maybe the firmware in this camera is too old. Where and when did you get this camera? Could you provide a pic? Thanks!

0 Kudos
chris_g_4
Beginner

When installing DCM 1.4.27.41944 I receive:

USB3.0 Host Controller driver is required for Depth Camera Manager Installer to continue. Please download and install the Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver from below location and restart DCM installation.

Using Renesas USB 3.0 controller. The intel recommended drivers are for C610+ is there no support for the C600?

DCMissue_0.png

0 Kudos
kelly_t_
Beginner

Ok am in the same boat as the rest of you all but all the software installed good its just wont turn on or not connected i getnder

not connected it say under  camera explorer but under the driver manger is show ok and all the installed went fine it just not turning on

and it the f200 camera  DAM IT  I NEED  windows 8.1 or higher i have windows 7 64

i got a bad camera each got it to work one or two times then it stops working keep disconnecting usb

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Kelly, could you also provide the detail info? It will help us to investigate and find the root cause. Thanks!

kelly t. wrote:

Ok am in the same boat as the rest of you all but all the software installed good its just wont turn on or not connected i get

0 Kudos