Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Design mode broke on 4K screen with Intel Iris Pro ?

Carlos_O_4
Beginner
I have a few new laptops with 4K displays backed by Iris Pro graphics and I cant seem to get the designer to display the controls.  When I play my mouse over the blank panel it turns into the grabber hand, so I know the controls are there, but the panel is blank.  Has anyone else seen this before?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

I don't think this has anything to do with your display/graphics. I have seen this before but haven't been able to reproduce, engineering is aware of this but due to lack of steps to reproduce they are not able to fix it. If you are able to consistently reproduce and have steps please share with us. Let us know your OS, which version of XDK are you using and share the screenshots and xdk.log (in the install directory) when this happens. As I'm guessing you would not be able to use any controls. Please try to remove Intel XDK cache from the install directory. %LocalAppData%\XDK\Cache and restart the XDK.

0 Kudos
Carlos_O_4
Beginner
I have been able to reproduce this multiple times across atleast three other laptops.  There are some common threads associated with the hardware I have been using:

• Windows 10
  • ​Intel i7 6500U CPU
  • 4K Display
  • Intel HD Iris Pro Graphics 520

Oddly enough, I had a MacBook with an Iris Pro graphics card and it did not do this. I wonder if the Windows10 scaling is messing things up.  With exception of the MacBook all of the other systems I have tested with had 4K displays and used the Windows scaling factor to make the application usable on a laptop screen.

0 Kudos
Carlos_O_4
Beginner

Yep, solved this for myself.  The problem is when the scaling on Windows10 is over 200%  I dropped the scaling effect to 125% and although it was tiny -- the control were present and everything worked.  Actually, anything over 125% and it breaks again. Hopefully Intel can issue a patch for the application to better handle scaling on high resolution screens.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Great! You are able to solve it. Thanks for letting us know. I'll pass on this info to the engineering team. I'm surprised it's happening only on Windows 10, I had seen this on Mac. But glad adjusting the scaling solved the issue for you..

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Could I ask for a screenshot or similar so I can see exactly what is being discussed.

I haven't yet been able to reproduce this, even with zooming up to 200% (the max). 

0 Kudos