Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Difference in Fortran Offerings?

Richard_C_5
Beginner

Hello - newbie to Intel here,

I'm considering purchase of an Intel Fortran-only compiler. There seem to be two separate offerings of the Composer edition for 'Named User', with prices $649 and $1249. However, I cannot determine the differences between these two offerings from the website, perhaps someone can help me understand. The webpage is,

softwarestore.ispfulfillment.com/Store/Product.aspx?skupart=123Se5

There are four offerings on this page, the bottom two are the ones I have mentioned. They seem identical, except Support Renewal 'Pre-expiry' and 'Post-expiry'. Can someone explain what this means?

Thank you for any help. - Rich1

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Richard_C_5
Beginner

I have another question regarding differences in Fortran compilers offered by Intel:

There seems to be a number of places in Intel's pages where 'renewal', and 'support renewal', etc. are mentioned without much elaboration. I confess I find these not clear at all.

Before purchasing, I would like to know what the dollar costs are for 'renewal' for a 'Named User'. And, could it be explained what is it that needs to be 'renewed', for example, for the $649 offering listed on the page listing 'Named User' compilers for Fortran, and the anticipated costs?

Thanks for shedding any light on these topics.

Rich1

0 Kudos
Richard_C_5
Beginner

7/15/2016 -

Well I guess - from other posts on 'pre-expiry' etc - these two 'offerings' that I had thought were 'compilers' or 'compiler suites' are really just 'support updates', priced at $649 and $1249, depending upon when the 'support update' was requested.

From my point of view, as a retired person, no longer associated with academia, these prices are not within the range of $ expenditures I am willing to make. Further, they indicate the prices for the actual compiler/suite are well beyond my means.  So, unfortunately, I guess I'm really not in the market for an Intel compiler.

Rich1

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Renewal is cheaper since you are renewing the license you have purchased previously.

If this is the first time you are purchasing the product then you need a regular commercial license, not a renewal.

Please refer to Purchasing, Renewal and upgrading FAQ for additional information:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/purchasing-renewing-upgrading

Regards,

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos